“Money can't buy you everything!”
Review of Riad Kniza

Riad Kniza
Ranked #16 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 29 February 2012

During my stay at the Riad I visited one of the world renowned hotels in Marrakesh (La Mamounia) and it was not a patch on Riad Kniza for value for money, service and authenticity. The Riad is the sort of place where they expect you to ask for whatever you need so that you feel at home, for example I wasn't told when breakfast was so I asked and received a puzzled response'of course you can have it where and when you want it, just phone us with 10 minutes notice!' Now that is what I call service, they constantly tell you 'it is your home'. It is beautiful, spotless, amazing attention to detail (I lost count of how many times they lined up plates and bottles on the table) with service that is attentive but not in your face. Staff are discreetly dotted around the hotel ready to meet your needs. Having researched the booking sites my top tip is to book via their website as they have a brilliant 4 day package offering lots of worthwhile extras, they answer your emails efficiently and with excellent English. I am VERY fussy but would definitely stay at the Riad again and that is very rare for me to say!!!

3  Thank truthlondon
There are newer reviews for Riad Kniza

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My self and 2 work collegues stayed for 2 nights at the Kniiza,. We where picked up from the airport by the hotel driver who was very helpful and gave as a brief talk on the city, the 15min transfere is a experiance in itself with cars,scooters and mules weaving among each other
Amazingly with out any accidents.
We where then dropped of at the end of the road as no Cars are allowed in the narrow lanes which are lined with stalls selling spices, fish and chickens to name just a few items
We where guided down a side alley
And for a brief momment I thought what have we booked, but then we where led to a door which opened into a stunning Riad with court yards and amazing Arabic decor and from the momment we arrived we where treated like royality
I have stayed at many 5 star hotels but I can honestly say this lived up to its 5 stars
The staff where genuinly friendly and nothing was to much trouble
The breakfast taken on the roof terrace with stunning views of the atlas mountains just added to the stay
The rooms where also decorated with a very fine attention to detail from the huge bed to the log fire and the marble bathrooms
The only complaint was my wife was not with me but I will return with her to enjoy the wonderful Riad and the great staff
And the amazing city of Marrakech

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Andychef1512
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We are on our last night here of our 5 days holiday in Marrakech. What a place, easily the best hotel we had ever stayed in. We had been in a few places in Europe & Asia. The package is very value for money. I recommend to book the hotel from their website - very friendly and quick to response. My driver Mohammad (arranged by the hotel) gave us a very good first impression. He was still smiling even though after had to wait almost 2 hours in the airport (immigration was so slow). You are made very welcomed from arrival to the last minute. Staffs are all nice (very) & smiling all the time, very professional and happy to help. Ashraf and Amina are very helpful - 5 stars (and everybody else). This is family business and the owner, we met a few times and really wanting to make us enjoy our stay. I believed my son Adam and my wife when they giving the rating. Adam liked it so much and braving himself with the cold pool for 3 days just to enjoy it. The room is very authentic, clean and comfortable (with a very nice decor). The breakfast is brilliant on the terrace and for dinner - the tagine is the best in Marrakech probably. Enjoyed the spa. I can't stop taking the photo of the riad as it is so beautiful. Trip to Mount Atlas was also arranged by the hotel. We are so pleased to stay here (the best hotel...) and could not say enough and recommend enough about this little jewel. Adam gave the thump up easily. 5 stars all the way

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AdamManchester2001
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We spent a week at the Riad Kniza in January 2012. This is a beautiful and tranquil oasis in the heart of the bustling medina. January is low season and for most of the week it felt as though we had the Riad to ourselves. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. On arrival we took mint tea followed by a chicken tagine on the roof terrace which set the tone for a week we will long remember. The food at the Riad is excellent. The staff organised guided tours of the souks for us as well as a day trip to the Atlas Mountains. The hammam at the Riad is wonderful. We will definitely return to Marrakech and will be staying at the Riad Kniza.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Alban12345
Reviewed 11 February 2012

As first part of our honeymoon my wife and I decided to visit Marrakech for a week and after search on the web, tripadvisor and more we chosed to stay at Kniza. It was the best hotel choise I have ever made in my life.

From arrival to the airport, taxi pick up and check in everything worked to perfection. We stayed for 7 nights and had arranged to stay i 4 different rooms, 3 of them in the unbeliable Bahia suite.

The staff is absolutely fantastic, whenever and whereever you want to east they will cater you. We especially enjoy the roof top terrace for our meals, and breakfast could last for an hour or more before exploring Marrakech.

Our main purpose was to hit the souks within the Medina. We loved it and will now come back on a regular basis as part of our business selling vintage furnishing.

The contast of the noise and smells in the medina and the peace at Kniza is mindblowing. You relax, feels like royalties in the evening and enjoy the simple life during the day.

with the rooms in Kniza we had free soft drinks and cakes - they are great and plenty and superb with the local mint tea.

Try their hamman, lovely.

Can't wait to go back soon to Kamal and his fantastic team.

Nina&Lars

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lars J
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed in Riad Kniza in January and I can not praise this hotel enough. It is hands down the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The food is excellent. We even ate breakfast one day at 11:30am, which you will never be able to do in any hotel. Nothing is to much for the staff. The spa treatments is heaven and the food second to none. The extra bonus is the tour guide on the first day. Room 9, the suite with the fire place and the beautiful dome over the bed is stunning.

Room Tip: ask for room no 9
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Just coming to the end of our 3 night stay at Riad Kniza and really do not want to leave. The building is amazing, the detailing in the cornices and wooden ceilings has to be seen to be believed. Our room, the junior suite Johara, had the most amazing dome above the bed with hand carved plaster work.
The staff could not be more helpful. When we arrived we were taken to one of the salons off the main courtyard where we we're served mint tea and pastries and given an overview of Marrakech and the Medina with advice on how to get around.
On the first evening we ate at the Riad and had a wonderful Morrocan meal with local wines and beer at a very reasonable price. The owner of the Riad, a legend amongst tour guides in Marrakech, was keen to check that we were happy.
Following this reservations for dinner were made for us and the staff could not have been more helpful.
If you want to stay in the Medina on your trip to Marrakech then you need look no further than the Riad Kniza, I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank KayCastleDonington