All reviews large room individual rooms luxury riad fabulous location dinner reservations roof terrace koutoubia mosque an oasis whole team main building riad experience spa treatments common areas plunge pool two nights night stay visiting marrakech
Reviewed May 1, 2018

A very traditional hotel located on the edge of the medina.
Trendy interior with new experiences at every twist and turn.
We stayed in the 2 bedroom house which was roomy with a rooftop lounge area. The room facilities were very good with service twice per day. Only downside was that the décor was a little tired.
All of the staff were very friendly and keen to help.
The food at dinner at breakfast and in the evening was enjoyable and well presented although with our stay being 4 nights the menu was rather limited.
A good place to base yourself for a visit to Marrakech.

Room Tip: Room 23 has a good location overlooking the life of the City
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
EFGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at El Fenn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

We're so glad you had such a great stay and thank you for taking the time to review us. Every one counts. The two-bed house is such a perfect hideaway and we're glad you enjoyed it. We've asked our maintenance team to go through the room to check it over. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed April 27, 2018

We loved everything about the hotel. The interior, the art, the staff, the food, the vine - everything perfect. The atmosphere was formal and informal at the same time. Very helpful staff! Guide Moe perfect!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

What a lovely headline you gave us! Thanks so much. It sounds like you had a perfect stay - and we're delighted!

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

El Fenn Hotel and their entire staff are magnificent. My husband and I visited during a surprise Valentine’s getaway. We not only experienced stellar service through and through but it was SO amazing that I decided to return yet, again on a solo trip less than a month later. The manager, Belaid was SO incredibly gracious, honest, hardworking and made our romantic vacation extra special. Upon my solo return, Belaid exceeded my expectations along with Ilham ~ who is also very lovely. Whatever I needed, whenever I needed they both made absolute certain I received the best service. So much so, that when I returned back to the States, Belaid paid for (out of his own pocket) a pair of shoes that I wasn’t able to locate during my visit(s). I’ve travelled to many countries and have stayed in 5-star hotels, but I have never experienced anything like I did when staying at El Fenn. I’m aching to get back to Marrakech. When I do, EL FENN WILL ALWAYS BE OUR TOP CHOICE of luxury service and premier accommodations. Their food is fresh, delicious and don’t forget to see the lovely family of turtles! Make sure you book a private city tour with the fabulous Mustafa- a genuine, sophisticated and lovely native of Marrakech. You will NOT regret it. Above all, Chukran Belaid, Ilham and El Fenn, OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_heart_Morocco
EFGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at El Fenn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

We can't thank you enough. THIS is why we do this job. Thank you.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Let's start with the positive attributes of the hotel. Trendy, good location, well appointed room (stayed in L room). Most of the staff in F&B and room service are polite and will go out of the way to make you feel at home. The rooftop breakfast is marvellous especially when the sun is out. We had lunch and breakfast and I must say the food is rather average, not something to write home about. Perhaps the most enduring aspect of this hotel is its location within the medina and the exotic chic decor / art gallery-esque in the common areas. Which for me was also a bit of a let down, when it came to our room. Although generous in size our room (#4) was underwhelming as it was mostly decorated in monocromatic clay beige. Thru out our 2 day stay, we also had a persistent sewage stench coming from the drainage in the shower. The super helpful Hotel Manager did everything he could to remedy the situation and make our stay more bearable. But stench really took away from the overall experience.

Stayed: April 2018

We're so sorry to read that the ancient medina drainage affected your stay. It is an occasional problem and there is little we can do to solve it because the medina's plumbing system is beyond our reach. All the rooms are decorated individually but the neutral tones of yours obviously weren't for you and it's a shame that you were disappointed. But we were glad to read that so many other aspects of your stay were such a success and you will take home good memories of the colours, terrace and service. Once again, we're sorry that not every aspect of your stay was perfect.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We stayed at El Fenn as part of our 10 year anniversary trip. The whole team was very helpful and very friendly the entire duration of our stay. The place if very nicely designed with beautiful art all over, and nicely decorated rooms. The views from the terrace are wonderful.

On our anniversary they arranged rose petals all over the room and gave us an upgrade to one of the XL rooms which was an absolutely amazing touch that made our day even more special. We will certainly be staying here again, and will be recommending this to any of our friends going to Marrakech.

Room Tip: Room 20 (XL Room) is fantastic.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

We love to help our guests celebrate the 'big' moments in life and were so pleased to help make your trip special. It's always a pleasure to know that guests enjoyed their stay and will spread the word. It's the best recommendation there is!