All reviews orange trees royal palace an oasis the main square roof terrace kasbah area jemaa el comfortable rooms mint tea the hustle and bustle courtyard morocco maze medina contrast heating tagines
Reviewed September 30, 2016

Very nice bed & breakfast. Beautiful Moroccan theme. Very helpful staff. Low cost but good value. However, the Riad is located in the maze of the Casbah where it is difficult to navigate and taxis cannot find it. The hotel offered to provide dinner, but you had to make reservations by 3:00pm and for us we could not commit by then; unfortunately, there are no restaurants nearby as well so we found eating at night to be a challenge. We also were told our room would have A/C, but when we got there our room had no A/C which was very uncomfortable and very irritating; the next day they moved us to a room with A/C which was appreciated.

Room Tip: If you want A/C, confirm such is available when making a reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Perfectly located in the Kasbah region of the ancient walled city Riad Daria is nothing short of an oasis. If you are looking for an authentic Marrakech experience you will not be disappointed. Off a dusty side street and through an ornate wooden door you enter Riad Daria and are transported to a different time. The welcome is warm and the staff cannot do enough for you. We ate our meals, in beautiful surroundings. The Riad was always cool and serene,even in 40 degrees of heat. Totally charming it felt like home. I highly recommend a visit and will be returning ourselves in the not too distant future. Thankyou Sobha for an amazing experience.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michellelinden2000
Reviewed April 28, 2016

Spotlessly clean, with terrific service, and the rooftop garden is gorgeous. Much quieter than riads nearer the main square - I was woken by birdsong! Friends were staying at a riad nearby, twice the price, and I didn't think it was as good.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2016

One is greeted by the welcoming, warm, multi-lingual staff and guided past the little pool through a courtyard, past and through a charming cozy area to sit and drink tea and another to watch television and then to a very lovely room upstairs. The bathroom was beautifully appointed and had lots of room for clothes and suitcases. Detailed wood carved shutters and doors throughout. Breakfast outside on the terrace or in courtyard. I personally would have preferred a more Moroccan style breakfast (whatever that is) and if European, then with real cheese and whole grain bread. Coffee good.
Hosts knowledgeable about the area and very accommodating.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed March 23, 2016

I was upgraded to a huge suite, which I really didn't need or want, it was a long hike on cold floors to the bathroom in the night! I asked for breakfast at a specific time, but it seems as though it was only then that it was started to be prepared, result I was sitting wasting good sightseeing time. It was very well placed though for the Clock, a lovely place, and several of the main places to see. I also felt quite safe walking back on my own.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo