Les Borjs de la Kasbah
US$61
US$102
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsan oasisroyal palacethe main squarehotel directorflower petalsfluffy towelskasbah areapool areasingle roomspa treatmentsmoroccan pancakesthe hustle and bustlemint teahotel restaurantlovely courtyardlarge bathroomguided tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Had a really lovely short break here - staff were knowledgable and very helpful. I would have loved to swim in the pool but as it was not heated, sadly this was not an option.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank courtyardcat
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Sometimes it's worth doing the extra bit of homework, Les Borjs de la Kasbah is definitely worth consideration to anyone planning a trip to the heart of Marrakech. Although this Riad is situated near the Old Royal Palace and in a quieter part of town (no bad thing), it's an easy and enjoyable walk to the key sights.

I first stayed the Borjs de la Kasbah a little while after it first opened and I recall there were some inevitable but very minor teething problems. I am pleased to report that after five years, the establishment runs like a well oiled machine: quiet, unassuming and efficient. Not the very cheapest Riad but you always get what you pay for and worth going for one that's established and well run.

I stayed overnight en route from Essaouira and so was only able to have breakfast. In short, I concur with many of the other reports, excellent quality and great attention to detail.

Before this trip I checked out a few other Riads via Trip Advisor but decided to stick with what I knew and I'm pleased I did. However, one of the more recent T-A reports for Les Borjs stated that the pool was unheated – I feel I must correct this as the manager told me over breakfast that they'd recently replaced the pool's heat pump, at considerable expense!

I shall continue to recommend Les Borjs de la Kasbah to colleagues, friends and family. Excellent!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

On arriving for our first visit to Marrakech it was early evening, we were a little daunted when the taxi driver drove us up the Kasbah to the hotel.
On arriving we were greeted and shown to the bar where we then given a cup of Morocco mint tea. Then a quick tour of the Riad and to our room.
We booked one of the Suits and it lived up to expectations. Beautifully decorated and rose petals everywhere. Bed very comfy!.The view from the suite looked over the main courtyard.
The Riad restaurant offers good food and I would recommend going for the specials menu as it makes you try a few different dishes.
The one downside is that on the Riad website it says heated pool and this is not the case, in fact it was icy cold and even putting our feet in was painful.
The Riad is well located at the end of the kasbah and is a 15-20 minute walk to the sooks.
I would also recommend the double decker sightseeing tour as this helps you to get your bearings of the city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wyeman, General Manager at Les Borjs de la Kasbah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

I would just like to reiterate a point that reviewer ChrisC kindly made for us on March 1st. Our website does indeed state that Les Borjs de la Kasbah has a HEATED pool and in the normal course of events this is entirely true. No hotelier with any sense or integrity would claim facilities that do not exist but, in this case, the heat exchanger let us down suddenly on 22nd Feb and pool temperature decreased rapidly over several days until, last Tuesday, 28th Feb, we managed to get it replaced. Were ChrisC to revisit the hotel now he would be able to enjoy a warm swim because the water, at around 24 degrees, is marginally higher than the very pleasant outside temperature which, of course, is getting warmer every day!

A. Tayeb, General Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We only stayed here for 2 nights so didn't eat in the restaurant. Staying with another couple we both had lovely rooms which were large and very clean with a wonderfully powerful shower and some lovely toiletries and little touches. It is ideally located away from the main square but within walking distance so you can soak up the atmosphere on the way. I would definitely recommend a stay in Marrakech but it can be a bit 'full on' and mad so it was nice to stay a little outside the mayhem. Breakfast was good, with a good selection of breads, toasts etc. Would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

just on the outskirts of the centre,a pleasant stroll from centre.this really is an oasis in the surrounding hubbub.the staff were very helpful and pleasant.i found the restaurant very much to my taste and the prices ,alcohol v expensive-food cheaper,are roughly what i'd expect to pay in london.so its not cheap,but an excellent standard overall,especially when compared to the exorbitant mamounia hotel where a beer costs about£9 for a 330ml bottle of local casablanca lager.all my fellow residents expressed their satisfaction and i can only concur.the waitresses,especially were wonderful.though only 2 nights a good place for tourists who are paying for the hotels etc themselves

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo