All reviewsjemaa elthe main squarerecommend hotela female solo travellerbeautiful orangeorange suitebudget optionthe ground floorplunge poolyogurtrooftop terracehot watermorocco tripbeautiful roomfour nightstrain stationmint tea
Reviewed April 13, 2018

The location and price are the biggest selling points of this riad. It's just five minutes from the Djemma El Fna and about as central as you can get. It's also easy to get to the entrance of the Medina though you may want to request that a porter bring you to the door on the first day unless you're confident navigating the streets with GPS.
The ground floor room we stayed in was okay but very small and sound travelled easily - it might be worth enquiring what other types of rooms are available at the time of booking. The place also looked slightly shabby and could have been better maintained; the pool on the ground floor looked very little like the pictures.
Breakfast on the terrace is decent and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ground floor room not recommended
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2018

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights - we were originally in the 'annexe' which is a few steps away from the main riad - both buildings provide an escape from the madness of the market square - both are furnished with a quirky mish-mash of mid-century modern and traditional Moroccan antiques and the Italian owner' definitely has an eclectic eye! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom large - The staff could not have been more helpful. Great value and great fun!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1rikkif
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

So thankful I found this lovely place. I was met at the airport promptly and taken to the Riad. There are actually two locations and I was upgraded to the second location, just minutes walk from Djemaa el-Fna. The caretaker Aziz helped me understand the layout of the Medina and walked me to a place to find supper (I was pretty tired after 4 long flights to Marrakech). In the morning I was greeted by the other caretaker, Mohammed, who was equally as wonderful. Mohammed helped me plan my day and even went to the market himself to get me a phone cord adapter so I would get a fair price. It is an amazing place - feels like you are in someone’s home. Best breakfast and the best of staff who will chat with you about Morocco and help you to feel at ease. Thank you so much for my stay! I can’t wait to return one day :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie W
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I just stayed at Hotel du Tresor for 3 nights as a solo traveller this February 2018.

I was so grateful that this hotel met me at 2am after 2 long days of travelling from Toronto, to Iceland, Paris and finally, Marrakech. They arranged a ride from the airport, and checked their emails regularly responding right away when my flight was delayed by 2 hours. I felt peace of mind knowing they were still coming to pick me up so late at night.

When I arrived Mustafa upgraded my room to a larger one for no extra fees, I think it was still low season.

I fell in love with Marrakech - the smells, the food and sights. But the truly best part of my trip was the 2 managers of the hotel - Mustafa and Amin were not just hotel managers, but they acted like high end hotel concierges.

Extremely warm, Amin accompanied me to and from the confusing Medina to the taxis, which he arranged. He helped me plan my days and was genuinely enthusiastic about how my day went. They both speak a variety of languages and had no issue communicating with me and the other guests. They switch to another language when different guests enter!

I honestly felt like they treated me like family ... on my last evening, Mustafa taught me how to cook vegetarian tagine and traditional tea - he was incredibly patient. We sat down with another guest from Chile and had a fun, lovely evening.

My last morning Amin walked me to a nice quality Hammam to buy some gifts of oil and soaps because I was short on time and this was so kind.

I miss Marrakech and hope to return and experience MORE! Thank you Amin, Thank you Mustafa - Gina.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gina L
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week while exploring all around Marrakech. Great venue with friendly and helpful staff. Nice room to come back to, and met many people to share experiences with over breakfast. Great views from the terrace.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends