Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Daniel M
Melbourne, Australia

If you want better use your Platinum card and start in a hotel

Review of Riad Goloboy
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 23, 2017via mobile
Riad Goloboy can be recommended for it's friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms. The rooftop breakfast is comfortable especially if you go early. Location is good BUT make sure you pick your landmarks and chase these landmarks when you want to find your way back - especially after dark. The reason I gave the Riad a 4 was due to the VERY SLOW internet. My bank timed out and I could not pay my staff on time. I only did that once I arrived at Fez. We booked our tour through Plan-It l-Morocco- we arrived at midnight by air from Barcelona and next to Kuala Lumpur this is the slowest Immigration yet experienced in many years of travel. Our transfer arranged by Plan-it-Morocco waited for over an hour and 30 to take us to our Riad. Their service there after was as good. On time and in clean vehicles.
The Walking Tour was also arranged by them and our tour guide was very experienced and had a good knowledge of the Medina with very good English. This man is a professional and it shows. Our later - early morning transfer to the train station to take our train from Marrakesch to Fez was on time. We had tickets and transfers all arranged by Plan-It-Morocco and recommend them. It takes the stress and worry out of your day. Had we not used their transfer from the airport we may still be at the mercy of the taxi driver. The Riad was difficult to find on your own - through small narrow lanes and at one'o'clock in the night would have been very scary. I include some pictures of the walk down the lane to our Riad as well as some pictures of the building and surrounds. Some rooms are more luxurious than other but I guess it is what you pay is what you get. The breakfast pictures are exactly what you get. The fresh fruit and freshly (in season) orange juice is a great start to the day. The coffee is real - not powder instant. We saw the Spa on the roof TOP but it was covered. We had one day of over 40 and a cooling off period in a spa would have been great. We had a flat screen TV in our room but for some reason we only had CNN and Al Jazeera for the first two days then we only had German channels. We feel that May is starting to get hot. April may be better. Our aircon in our room worked very well albeit just a little noisy. All the rooms as per traditional Morocco style face inwards to the central quad. This removes all outside noises. The walls in the building is some 500mm thick built from bricks and clay so it keeps a lot of heat out.
Date of stay: May 2017
Exterior view
  • ibis
6.4 km from Riad Goloboy
View more hotels in Marrakech
All reviews min walk beautiful riad hamid rooftop mamounia taxi morocco alley medina palace
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2017

We stayed there for 2 nights. very nice atmosphere. Well renovated historical house. So kind staffs. The roof sitting area was very nice. Good breakfast and tasty Moroccan tea which was always ready.
If I come back again, I will go to this Riad again.

Room tip: every rooms has its own character and different sizes. all of them were clean and excellent.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shahria Y
Reviewed April 2, 2017

We spent one enjoyable night at Riad Goloboy and wished we could have extended our stay. We chose it based on photos, positive reviews, and location--the Sidi-mimoun area of the medina, which is quiet, residential, and within walking distance of the Jemaa el-Fnaa souk and Mamounia Gardens. The riad has been expertly renovated in a contemporary Moroccan style with rich yet restful colors, spa-like bathrooms, and comfortable, tasteful furnishings. After getting settled we were offered traditional mint tea on the roof-top terrace with views of the High Atlas and gardens. A delicious dinner was prepared at our request. There is a comfortable lounge on the floor below the terrace where we enjoyed perusing a small book collection.

The staff, who spoke French and some English, were courteous and helpful. They arranged a taxi to the airport and I'm sure would assist with anything their guests might need.

We located the neighborhood of the riad but found it a hassle to have the rental car, so returned the car to the airport and took a taxi back. The riad is down a few narrow pedestrian alleyways off a main road. We might have had trouble locating it but for the two young men who gladly took our bags when we got out of the taxi (typical for Morocco and helpful in this case as we were happy to have the assistance and directions for a reasonable gratuity).

We were concerned when we saw construction in progress directly across from the riad, but couldn't hear any noise inside the quiet interior.

It was a great pleasure and special treat to stay here. We wish you a wonderful stay in Marrakesh!

Room tip: If they are available, take a look at all the rooms. They vary in size and price; each is beautifully appointed and unique from the others.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Conveniently located in the Sidi-mimoun quarter of Marrakech, Riad Goloboy is a beautiful guest house with eight different suites, making it the perfect option for families or large groups. A Moroccan Majorelle tiled patio provides the central focus, as the rooms border the gray and white natural stone., providing a neutral, yet artistic counterpart to the bright blue exterior.

When I first arrived at Riad Goloboy, I noticed the stunning hallways of decorated archways, flanked by customized works of art that give each room personality and intrigue. I was greeted almost immediately by the personnel of the hotel, who provided a friendly welcome and made me feel right at home. Even though I was traveling alone, I felt like I had a whole family waiting for me in the staff.

I checked in to the BB Suite for a single night, and after being shown to my room, I was enamored with how stunning the architectural details of the design were. The entire suite is pristine white, white multi-dimensional carved ceilings, and entryways that look like lace overlays. The room was a good size, at 25 sq. meters, and I loved the fact that I could control the temperature on my own.

I kicked off my shoes and lounged on the bed, which was dressed in soft, luxurious linens. If the rest of the hotel wasn’t so beautiful, I might have never left this bed – it was that comfortable. The bathroom features a deep soaking tub, perfect for unwinding after a long day in the medina.

Relaxing on the rooftop terrace is one of the best ways to pass the time while staying at Riad Goloboy. Complete with a jacuzzi tub, the terrace is outfitted with cabanas for lounging, tables for enjoying a drink, and chairs for taking in the sunshine. The sounds and smells of the medina waft through, and the terrace overlooks the Atlas Mountains and Mamounia Gardens.

Luxurious and comfortable, this guest house is a brilliant accommodation in one of the most renown areas of Marrakech. Riad Goloboy provides personalized service in a beautiful location, and I can’t wait to stay here again!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jarrod B
Reviewed December 23, 2016

Everything good, neat and clean. Newly built. Good breakfast.Nice personnel but for the slightly inappropriate french owner. Nice bathroom, with baththub. Warm and big beds. Couldn't enjoy the terrace because of the rain.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Goloboy with my husband for our wedding anniversary. It was our first time in Marrakech and the Goloboy team made it an unique experience to remember every moment.

Maud was very helpful by arranging our travel and accommodation where as Hamid and his colleague were the best to make all our wishes come true. They were so kindly as we got even offered an upgrade for the Tatus Suite.

The Riad is located in a perfect location within minutes away by walking to the main square.
Cleanliness was perfect and especially the architecture is a marvelous option for the best pictures.

The roof terrace is the most peaceful escape you can imagine. Don't forget to be on the roof top for the sunset ;) We definitely suggest to everyone to stay in Riad Goloboy.

Many many thanks Team Goloboy

Hope we will be back.
Best B&T

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bengualp