All reviewsmint teathe main squareroom was clean and comfortablebook excursionsany requestsan oasisrooftop terracethe hustle and bustleyogurtpancakestaginesouksdriverchannelspalacehaggle
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

I came to find this place via TripAdvisor and this definately is a little gem. It's hidden in the back streets of the Kasbah and only a short walk to the Jemma Al Fannah square. As soon as you step into this place it's a complete cut off from the hustle and bustle of the outside. I wanted a real riad experience and this was great!

It's quiet it's clean and well kept.

The manager is knowledgeable with the areas to visits, does and don'ts.

PROS - close to everything, close to some good spas, tourist attractions and great restaurants. Beds are comfortable, air con worked great, any requests are seen to quite quickly. You always enter to this amazing aroma!! Excursions can be booked quite quickly through the riad. Towels are plentiful. We personally loved the fact that we were on the lower floor by the pool.

Cons - I only have one, the breakfast consisted of alot of breads/sugars/ pancakes/high carbs, variety was limited, hard to be healthy. But there probably are some guests that love that kind of stuff. A little more varied would be great.

There was a very rude old guest who decided to have a go at the wonderful night attendant, (I forget his name) but he spoke little English, always understood what I said and was always smiling. The rude old man was way out of line, shouting at him. His complaint was that some people were loud in the morning. Background- we were leaving for the airport this morning. Unsure if he was talking about us and the sound of our quiet trainers on the cobbled floors, whispering to each other, or he could have been referring to the call of prayer which is on loud speaker outside, and he thought that was the loud noises. Anyway, just a note to the manager, your attendant was very sweet very accommodating and any complaints that may come from that very old man is unjustified.

Morocco is a beautiful country and this is a great place to start your trip to discover it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2017

This was our first trip to Marrakech as a couple and we received amazing service from everyone at the Riad. The owner was really down to earth and would always take care of us. There was a staff member who's name was Abdul sadek who really made our stay really pleasant and we will always go back to their Riad next time we visit!! His service was exceptional and he is a exemplary example of customer service at its finest.

Raza from London

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raza_hassan
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Most taxis won't drop you in front of the Riad so at first glance it's a little uncomfortable, but there are normally kids standing on the corner who will direct you for a tip of course. I stayed here in January and it was chilly. When I arrived Stephanie gave me a map of a few places in the area that I could see and that was it. Later I met Abduel and Isham who offered tea, a tour of the Riad as well as arranged services that I was interested in. They were the best by far!! They were so attentive, and helpful and truly made my stay memorable!! Abduel suggested many excursions for me, assisted myself and other guests when trying to find restaurants, adjusted the heat in the room, just all around a wonderful, helpful person!! The owners were polite but not very talkative or helpful. I had a first floor room which at times was noisy and where most people smoke so that often traveled into the room. :( The breakfast is very basic, and the wifi isn't very strong at times. It's definitely not a 5 star hotel but it's clean and comfortable to rest your head. I had the room that sleeps 3 on the first level, both shower heads had a whole in them, but the owner Stephanie was attentive and didn't delay the issue. Kasbah, Tombs, and Souks are near just for example. They have a pool and offered to heat it if I chose to swim but it was too cold. I didn't eat dinner here, but another guest said they have to place the order hours in advance because there isn't a stove/oven for cooking so they send for it. I'm not sure if it's true but just an fyi if you choose to order in. Summer has to be fun with the rooftop.

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Chocolatte_3
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Palais Calipau is conveniently situated just off Rue de Kasbah. The room we had was comfortable enough but the open plan bathroom lacked privacy. The room could have done with a little TLC. While the host Christophe was very pleasant, he was quite laid back. The person who worked hardest was Ishan, who was always on duty and was very attentive and obliging. He was also most helpful when my partner felt unwell.
People have mentioned that the breakfasts lack variety and I agree. The choice was very limited. We ate dinner one evening and it was good.
This is not a five star establishment by most standards but our stay was enjoyable and I would happily return to Palais Calipau.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2016

This was my first trip to Marrakech and I am so happy we chose to stay in this Riad. It was very relaxing, quiet and the staff were very friendly.

Our room was a triple room on the ground floor - very beautiful. The breakfast was continental so pretty basic, we didn't eat in the hotel during the days as there were many places to choose from outside.

I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends