All reviews bab chellah duck tagine provide ear plugs lovely dinners main mosque tranquil oasis an extra bed poor wifi long stay other guests wifi worked well hot water location is excellent roof terrace abdul riad medina
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The riad is beautiful and very centrally located in the old Medina. Our host Abdel was very nice we could have not asked for anything more. He helped us with any questions we had and also arranged transport from Rabat to Fez.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We arrived late at night, due to a very lengthy train delay, but the staff arranged to order us a pizza and have it delivered to our room. The riad was very lovely with a lush, green courtyard. The rooms seemed spread out enough that it felt like we were staying there alone (In fact, we thought we were, until we met other guests in the breakfast room the next day).

My only issue is the riad was a little difficult to find. This was the only time we actually welcomed an unofficial "guide" to show us where to go. (Mind you, it was dark - it may not have been so difficult in the daytime).

Rabat was a surprise to me - I guess my expectations were set a little low, based on what other travellers told me, but I LOVED it. I would definitely stay at Riad El Maati again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2018

The jasmine was blooming when we got to this riad. It is fantastic. The rooms were very nice. And the little touches like tea and cookies and argan oil at the bath were big bonuses. The owners were great to help us find our way around. The location is easy enough that I went out for a walk in the morning by myself. And the duck tagine that we had for dinner was superb.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2018

The location is excellent with some great restaurants within walking distance. The room was somewhat smaller than expected and did not really have a proper seating area. The roof terrace was very nice as were the staff.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

This is a good place to stay if you want a level of comfort and service in a riad style setting. The riad is nicely furnished and well situated in the medina once you figure out how to find it! The raid arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport and bring us to the door which involves a drive into Rabat and a short but confusing walk through the alleys of the medina not sure that I'd have found it on my own, even with Google maps!

The main benefit of this riad is the manager Abdel, a friendly and extraordinarily helpful young man who is always polite and patient no matter what the request. He was our main point of contact and went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay in Rabat a pleasent one. The other staff including the chef who prepared a delicious meal for us on our first night were exemplary in their attention and friendliness all are to be commended for making the Riad el Maati more than just a nice boutique hotel.

Some small annoyances include very poor WiFi, basically unusable and a jacussi bath that takes almost half an hour to fill. The absence of any support (headboard or wall) behind one side of the bed is a serious design flaw that could easily be rectified.

While price is on the higher end it is worth it for the service alone.

We visited in January so the place was quiet ie lacking in atmosphere but we could see that in better weather/temperatures it would be more lively.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple