“Good hotel, but not luxury”

Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The hotel was fine -- I stayed here for 5 days for a set of meetings in Rabat, but I would not call it a luxury hotel. The hallways smelled musty and like disinfectant -- the room was OK after I aired it out. The room, including the bathroom, was clean and nice.

I had called and booked the hotel shuttle from the airport so that I would not have to deal with any hassles. I was met with a taxi driver with a sign with my name. It was fine until we got to the hotel and then before I went in, he wanted money. I hadn't changed money and was expecting to be billed through the hotel since I didn't know the price. He came inside with me and I was told it was cheaper to pay him directly, so I changed money and did so. But it wasn't as painless as I had hoped.

The first night, at about 7pm, a colleague and I were going out to dinner and she wanted to change some money. The front desk told her that they didn't have any. They also said that there was no where else to change money in the evening. (They didn't mention the ATMs at the bank across the street as an option.) Finally, the manager came out and changed 50 Euros. It was fine, but I would expect better service at a luxury hotel.

I did have a good experience with the front desk when I wanted to change rooms.

The breakfast was fine -- again, decent but not luxury. And the service in the breakfast room was very uneven. I waited about 10 minutes for a spoon to eat my yogurt...

I ate one meal in the restaurant. It was quite good. But there wasn't a place in the hotel to get a quick and light meal, such as a sandwich or bowl of soup. (These items were available from room service.) There is a bar and some comfortable chairs on the ground floor, but I sat there for probably 6-8 hours in the mornings over my five days and was never offered food or drink. I did manage to get a cup of coffee one morning.

There were lots of tour groups and this would be a fine hotel for a tour group to stay at. I might have felt happier about it if I hadn't been expecting something substantially more.

Room Tip: Remember that many of the rooms allow smoking, so request a nonsmoking room if you prefer one.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. Friendly staff. For a first time traveler it is a warm welcoming place. Thank you Noura. Recommend it highly. Start of our OAT TOUR.
If I have to write more to submit TripAdvisor then I won't be making a lot of reviews.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Alaa S, General Manager at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear madame

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Le Diwan - MGallery by Sofitel.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I stayed in room 411 for a couple nights as part of a group tour. The room was decent size, nicely appointed and had plenty of space. There was a king bed, a mini refrigerator, desk and a small table and chair. The bathroom had a tub/shower combination, along with a separate toilet room. Both the wi fi and air conditioning were good. The hotel was in walking distance to restaurants and a couple museums. Breakfast was good. We didn't have any other meals here. I would recommend this hotel for a couple nights in Rabat.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank aschneider703
Alaa S, General Manager at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I don't like griping, and this place is fine (good location). But the rooms are musty (ash-trays in the rooms are not a good sign), the windows don't fit (so traffic noise filters in). The staff are fine, but the breakfast is pretty uninspired and the restaurant service is soooooo slow. Given quite high peak season prices, I'm sure there are better places to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hotel Le Diwan - MGallery by Sofitel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Address: Place de l'unite Africaine, 10000, Rabat, Moroc

1- Time of Check in Good.
2- Reception Good.
3- Room service very Good
4- View to the Road. There's not view to the garden or swimming pool.
5- if you are going for courses, seminars and business in city very good choise maximum 2 days enough or you got boring.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Alaa S, General Manager at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear guest
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection.

Sincerely

Reviewed 6 September 2017

After spending time in a riad in steamy Marrakesh, we were thrilled to arrive at essentially a commercial hotel chain. The Diwan is a clean, modernish hotel located in the heart of Rabat. The staff was very kind and helpful and they even offered free parking (a rarity in Morocco). Close in proximity to the Hassan Tower and Ruins. Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Alaa S, General Manager at Le Diwan Rabat - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Jonny

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another magnifique journey with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2017