All reviews rooftop restaurant first floor business center short stay inns christopher dar africa gym traffic zanzibar indian ferry
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

My advice ask to be accommodated in high floor here is why,
We visited it for a short stay we were accommodated in 4rd floor it was an upgrade to suite but the smell was really bad,the street noise won’t let you sleep at all, We requested to change to upper floors and we’ve been moved to 9th floor which was much more better room in settings, no bad smell and no street noise
The reception staff were so friendly and the location was convenient

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PravinT124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Dr-MAtef_Kewan,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam...!!!

We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback & words of appreciation for our location and Reception staff.

We have noted your feedback in regards to noise and smell on 4th floor room. Please be rest assured that corrective measures will be initiated in the respective department and our Management team.

We appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us. It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Holiday Inn and we look forward to your continued association with us.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Excellent staff,clean and spacious rooms. The restaurant food was very good four of us ate and all agreed it was of a high standard. Most of the reception staff were very helpful and a big mention or the restaurant supervisor Darlin along with her team the service from them was superb nothing was too much trouble.
Well done I will be back and my team will use for our future stays.
Tan and the team from I help global.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tanchoudhry,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam..!!!

As a valued guest, we appreciate your inputs and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. Thank you for the words of appreciation for our restaurant colleagues,it will definitely motivate them.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our services.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you again to Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This hotel is well placed for most areas in Dar Es Salaam. The roof top bar was closed for refurbishment when I stayed but I suspect it would be a nice place for a drink. The bar on first floor is also a nice quiet place to relax with attentive friendly staff.
The rooms are ok, quite comfortable and well appointed. I would definitely stay again if visiting on business as it gives good value for money. Breakfast was a mixture of cerals and cooked food from varying regions.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear JohnS7935KG,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our services. Our roof top restaurant and bar will be opening soon for our valued guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

I am a spire Ambassador with the IHG, so I am staying In iHG brands whenever I can because the service is usually impeccable and they treat regular customers well. This one is a far cry from the usual service. The check in is at 2pm, i arrived at 2. The room is not ready. Some bs about too many priority members requesting late check out. Asked about the upgrade: they said that they did. I asked to what they upgraded me, they said executive room, but that is exactly what I already booked. Then more bs about being sold out on suites: 3 still available on their website for the same nights that I reserved. Just unpleasant being lied to from the start. The roof bar is in construction: not available and too much noise most of the day. The bathrooms are in a really bad shape - not professional tiling. The room is ok.
Goin strait to Hyatt next time.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
PravinT124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear DGREGIO,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Tanzania. Glad to have been a host a member of the IHG Rewards Club. We are grateful that you chose the Holiday Inn.

As one of our loyal guests, we put importance in providing you the high level of service you are used to having with our chain. Guests to us always come first. We try to take care of each and every guest in the best way possible.

I hoped to have made it this way all-throughout, but I'm sorry it turned out to be a different story with the hotel check-in experience, room maintenance and the facilities that we offer. I understand ours seemed compared to what you were used to. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be, DGREGIO.

Don't worry; I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post. Your review will also be carefully considered should there be renovations in the pipeline. We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. A review such as this goes a long way in identifying areas for improvement.

We hope that you will give us another chance to show you the IHG Brand you know and love. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed September 10, 2018

It is always so hard to write a less than perfect review but I feel it is only fair to do so following my stay at the Holiday Inn City Centre. All the staff of the hotel were nice - Mr Pravin "upgraded" my room and sought to be helpful and welcoming. But the hotel is very old, rooms are of a decent size but they definitely need to be completely refurbished as they look very tired and outdated. The air conditioning which is needed in Dar, was very noisy and smelly. In fact I developed a severe rash which needed some anti histamine tablets and the pharmacist suspected that it was probably due to and AC unit needing a deep clean. Although the booking was made by a Travel Agent in the UK I have told them and all my staff that we won't be staying at the Hotel again. I think with so much refurbishment underway - the swimming pool was a dusty bowl, the roof top restaurant was closed then perhaps the Hotel should be closed so that a complete refurbishment can be undertaken and completed. Once that is done to a high standard in line with other IHG hotels that I have stayed in and written really positive reviews, then I am sure the reviews will improve.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Hi Donna49,

As one of our loyal guests, we put importance in providing you the high level of service you are used to having with our chain. It made me smile that our staff has served you well, especially Mr Pravin. Thanks for recognizing these. Guests to us always come first. We try to take care of each and every guest in the best way possible.

I hoped to have made it this way all-throughout, but I'm sorry it turned out to be a different story with the hotel atmosphere, air conditioning, and the facilities that we offer. I understand ours seemed compared to what you were used to. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be, Donna49.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post. Your review will also be carefully considered should there be renovations in the pipeline. We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas for improvement.

Best regards,