Southern Sun Dar es Salaam(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$161
US$155
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$381
US$153
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$92
Protea Hotels
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$103
US$97
Seascape Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$59
US$51
  • Breakfast included
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$106
US$76
Jangwani Seabreeze Resort(Dar es Salaam)
US$85
US$43
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

US$236
US$210
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$313
US$228
Orbitz.com
  • Spa
All reviewsyacht clubnew wingbeach barprivate beachsea viewbeautiful hotelindian oceanwonderful staybusiness tripnice poolrooms are largeseafoodinternet connectionarthurtanzaniadarsalim
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here on the 26th and 27th of March we had a short Tanzanian honeymoon as we came to celebrate our recent marriage with family in Tanzania. We have stayed at a few hotels in Dar like the Double tree Hilton, White Sands, Slip way, Harbor view suites and this hotel has definitely been the best for us.

The room we stayed in was beautiful, clean, gad a partial see view. It was a pity we were not notified before hand that the pool would be closed due to maintenance, because it is a bug reason why we booked there. The restaurant was on their own private beach area which is beautiful. We loved having dinner there, it was breathtaking. The food is quite expensive like most of the restaurants in Dar. But our meals were good.

The only thing I was really unhappy with is the drinks prices. It is daylight robbery!! My husband is Tanzania and we know the prices if drinks in the liquor store. In the liquor store a savanna dry cider is 3500 Tanzania shillings and every restaurant we went to sold them for 4000 except this hotel that sold them for 8000. A single amarula was 5000 and a bottle is just over 30 000 in the liquor store and a bottle contains roughly 30 tods. It is just ridiculous and over the top. You should not be exploiting people because you think they have money.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return but rather consider not having a drink at all.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear DBnature

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel in regarding to your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for you and other guests in near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

In the middle of our two week trip to Tanzania, haven given up on finding anything interesting tasting here, we tried finding decent «continental» food. Had a tasteless Spaghetti Bolognese, the pasta was mediocre at best. My girlfriend tried a burger, it arrived somewhere between lukewarm and cold, tasted next to nothing, the avocado was delicious and for once she was glad the cheese was placed on top of the avocado, not on the burger patty itself. Its easier to remove if its not melted. It tasted fish. Strange. Then there was a couple of larger parties with kids sitting next to us. So we ended up having 3 kids running past our table on both sides playing and being noisy, we told them to stop a couple of times, but they didnt listen. So I flagged down the manager and made my complaint, but that only led to the waiters and managers talking over at their end. At last my girlfriend raised her voice enough so the kids parents halfhearted asked them to not run past us. After this our waiter stopped smiling at us, clearly we are not so welcome here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Tor F

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel regarding to your recent stay at our hotel

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Great restaurant, good service, professional, clean, quiet, wonderful ocean view however a little lax on service delivery. There is still room for improvement in the house keeping and service delivery.

Room Tip: Sea front view room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear Nyairo23

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, we are delighted that you found our hotel and service to be of satisfactory
we promise to make the amendment to the areas that requires improvements as you suggested

We looking forward to your nest visit so that we can get another chance to deliver to the perfection

With Kind regards
Nyangeta M

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed 03 nights at this hotel. Very beautiful hotel with fully equipped rooms with breathtaking view. Fantastic and knowledgeable staff always ready to help. Thank you for making my stay memorable.Hotel is gorgeous with outstanding views of the sea. I would definitely love to return someday and will recommend anyone wanting to go to there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Chena R

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, we are delighted that you found our hotel and services to be satisfactory
I will inform the team of your good comments and indeed they will be so delighted to hear that you enjoyed the view of our sea front restaurant and rooms

Looking forward to your next visit at our hotel

Best Regards

Reviewed March 20, 2018

I stayed at Coral Beach for three nights and there was heavy rain one evening. The room I was staying was close to the corridors and there was water coming from the side. My room was flooded and I literally stayed in water. I went to the reception 5 in the morning and inform them if the situation. I have to wait outside for long before they clean the room and and they finally changed my room at around 10:00 am. I spoke with the manager
on duty (RISH) and the response he gave me was very disappointing. He never bothered to listen to my complaint let alone do something. The people at reception were very good except this manager, who has zero customer service experience. I will never go to that place again.

Room Tip: don't stay in rooms close to the stairs
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Entulimi

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel regarding to your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in near future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +255 784256114.