All reviewsitalian foodindian oceanmasai security guardsitalian familylounge areafresh seafoodgreat settingrelaxing stayswimming poolrooms are nicehot waterbusiness triptrafficdartanzanialoungersgym
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

The most enjoyable aspect of my stay here was being able to sip a sundowner on a comfortable lounger, while overlooking the ocean and listening to the waves crashing on the shore. The rooms are large and comfy but feel a bit sparse (no tea making facilities, for instance). The gardens are exquisite. Food is good but the menu is quite pricey and lacks imagination in a region with excellent food options. Hotel staff are very friendly. Breakfast is also quite modest, but good all the same. The views are beautiful but the beach isn’t clean. A good spot to unwind next to the ocean.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I spent only one night prior to my return flight and I had a late check out.
From the moment I contacted them I had a great service, everything was very clear and efficient. I arrived from the airport after a long drive with traffic and the welcome was good. Dinner and breakfast were good and the place is relaxing (it was not very busy).My room was good.
The drive from/to the airport can take 45 minutes (on Sunday afternoon) but it raises to almost 90 with traffic, be warned!
Overall a good option to relax out of town.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2018

The Mediterraneo hotel is off the beaten track, and for this reason is quite a reasonable price. The restaurant is good, the staff are fantastic and the best part is the wonderful ocean front that runs the length of the complex.
The rooms are pleasant, although there is a lot of noise at strange hours of the night. I had a middle room and I could hear everything from my neighbour, and also from the cleaners who decided to attack my bathroom window with a brush at 6am one morning. I stayed for 3 nights and did not sleep properly at all. Saying that, the bed is large and comfy, the aircon is good and the rooms are spotless, just take earplugs if you are sensitive to noise!
Although I did not sleep well, I would absolutely stay here again, and hopefully with family rather than work, as I certainly did not make full use of the pool, the gym or the beach.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Mediterraneo is the best Hotel North of the city, lovely cool gardens, over looking the sea......the best food, especially the fish. Local fish cooked properly......avoid the city center and Masaki traffic and big prices.......

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

I stayed several times in this beautiful hotel. As my work takes me to that part of Dar it is tge ideal place to stay away from block hotel. Individual bungalows and a pool and restaurant breakfast by the waves of indian ocean. Beautiful.
Nice breeze every evrning to chase away heat and mosquitos.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business