Lowest prices for your stay
C$130
Priceline
Agoda.com
C$126
No booking fees
All reviews lounge area seafood rooms are comfortable an oasis sea view swimming pool hot water dar tanzania masai kettle ac safari
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

Mediterranean hotel is good, have good environment. Safe, big parking, good people around, nice beach with good view. Nice rooms. I enjoyed the stay 🔥 There's nice food, nice restaurant, good toilets and bathrooms, good security.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank traveladventure2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Wonderful setting, all ground floor level, super friendly staff with a sense of humour. good food. Nice pool. If I had to find something to improve, I would suggest small kettles in the room, to have the luxury to have a cup of coffee on my room individual terrace. But I will come back with or without kettle.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sylvie C
Reviewed May 9, 2019

The setting of the hotel is absolutely superb .. especially breakfast, drinks and dinner. The view is spectacular and sitting at the pool or in the restraint positions you right at he sea with the sounds and images of both the sea and sky that feed straight into the soul to restore, refresh and revitalise! the only disappointment was the essential capacity of the AC's in the rooms that required to be on 24/7 and to secure a 2nd room key for convenience seemed to be a complex mission for the staff .. not sure why!

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank DjM280
alas abdinur a, Owner at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are glad that you loved our services;Next time you or your friends want to visit us, please give us a call in advance and we will provide you with the best possible deals and options that you will not find online. Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

I often stay at the Mediterraneo; the drive there doesn't do the place justice. However once you on the premesis the beautiful surroundings and ocean views; makes the heat that Dar es Salaam is noted for, worthwhile! Friendly staff, rooms are always neat and clean, resturant situated with an ocean view, lovely chill-out area as well. They even provide you with mozzie spray. Always a pleasant stay!

Room tip: Room with Ocean View
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
alas abdinur a, Manager at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Thanks for your honest and positive review 143blessed. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Will inform the management and work on improving our services. We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Years ago, a couple I met in Tanga told me that their favourite hotel in Daresalaam was the Mediterraneo. It took me all this time to go and try it out! The main problem was the distance from town coupled with the horrible Dar traffic. But, with Uber on the scene now, staying out of town makes so much sense, as long as one can avoid travelling during the rush hours.
From the moment we walked into the lush green gardens of the hotel, I felt happy and knew that I had found my home in Dar. I was born and grew up in Kenya and we always went to the coast for the holidays. After all this time, I finally found a hotel on the coast near Dar that gives me the same feeling as hotels on the Kenya coast.
It's right on the seafront/beach. The high tide comes almost up to the restaurant building. There are some lovely, comfortable chairs right by the seafront and one can just sit there for hours looking at the dhows in the distance and the people coming and going on the beach. Infact, we almost spent our whole Sunday relaxing, taking photos from our little corner and swimming in the pool.
Ordered pizza for lunch which was delicious.
The whole feeling is laid back, as it should be on the coast.
Although our room was right at the back, it was still lovely as there are so many flowers and trees everywhere.
I, personally, loved the simple, fresh decor of the rooms. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean,
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Infact, although our booking was non changeable and non refundable, when we delayed our arrival by a few days due to medical reasons, they let us change dates without any fee.
We stayed there mid February and we are already going back next week for a few more days.
Only problem we had was one Sunday morning at breakfast when some of the guests were extremely noisy. But that was only on that one morning.
Otherwise, Mediterraneo is a small paradise and definitely worth a stay if you are in this part of the world.

Room tip: 'Sea view rooms are better than rooms at the back'
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
alas abdinur a, Owner at Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear Surya77,

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. We value our customers satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful.our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. We look forward to serving you again.