Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Mount Kilimanjaro
from US$2,950.00
More Info
3,849 results
All reviews lemosho route uhuru peak summit night african walking company assistant guide zara tours altitude sickness tro peaks karibu adventure tusker trail other companies his team pole pole peak planet local company tour company once in a lifetime
Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

We booked the trip for 7-Days Lemosho route and 4 Days 3 night camping safari. Both were amazing. I travelled with my daughter and we both very grateful. I am kindly writing this review to Golden Summit Adventure for your best arrangements you did to us in our trip.

We had Chunga and Abuu as our guides in the hike and they both were incredibly knowledgeable, capable, and truly pleasant to be around their English was great.

We have seen a lot of lions, leopards, cheetahs, gazelles, buffalos, zebras, elephants, rhinoceros, monkeys, wild pigs, many birds and a lot more. Most of them we were able to see from a really close distance.

The meals during the trekking are good, that was a really good support for our ascent to the peak. I still can’t believe I made it to the summit of Kilimanjaro and got so many close animal encounters during my time on safari. Thanks you for a great trip and continue to keep good people with you.

Overall highly recommended! Very honest and fair people!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank Go40185008333
Reviewed November 14, 2018

This was more than we expect and we all appreciate Boker Adventures for their hospitality since first day. When I came across Boker Adventures in trip advisor I did not notice if that was real until I started to talk to Peter (director) via email and change to whatsapp later and felt his concern about us.

We were four of us and each of us started to check different companies in Tanzania for Mt Kilimanjaro climbing. Honestly it's confusing because each of us come with a number of operators of which all of them offer the same activity. Good thing is each of us come across Boker Adventures reviews when we were doing research and decide to vote for it, Hahahaa it was funny but really this was the right choice we made.

I take the responsibility of email Boker Adventures and the response was so fast than I was thinking and it was really in a professional way.

Each details provided with Peter were helpful and basing on the reality. The price he gave us was very okay and he actually gave us a reason for his price. We all deposit the money for confirming our trip. Something we notice about Peter is that he is not after money because the amount he asked us to deposit for confirmation was actually very small compared to other operator and he actually give us an option of coming with the rest of the money by cash of which to us was a good option.

When we arrived in Airport tour guides were waiting for us at the Airport to take us to the hotel for a briefing. They went through our gear to make sure we had everything that we needed and rented the equipment that we didn't have.

The guides on the mountain were very knowledgeable and friendly. The were singing for us Swahili songs all the way up especially when we step at each camp, the interpretations for the songs was really nice and words ware basing on encouraging us. All of us summit 06:30 am. You don't wish any one to tell you about this experience up there, We took a lot of pictures which with beautiful sunrise. We took our Kilimanjaro Beer on top hahahaa, it was amazing for real.

On the mountain the food was great, the porters very friendly and happy and our guides almost made us forget that we were supposed to be exhausted climbing the highest mountain in Africa.

- Porters provide hot water and soap for washing twice each day: first thing in the morning after they knock on your tent to wake you up, and then as soon as you reach the camp where you will be sleeping for the night.

After trip they also helped us with arranging how to get to our next destination in Zanzibar for next four days.

We will definitely recommend everyone (in alright shape!) to do the trek and if you haven't decided yet, go with Boker Adventures!

Thanks Peter

Reviewed November 14, 2018

This was my first mountain and won’t be my last. I did the 5 day Rongai Route; what I liked about this route was how remote and quite it was.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Our guide, Hermint was incredible. He was such an amazing guide. He was knowledgeable and caring. I am very grateful he was our guide, I would not have summitted without him. The entire experience from the safari, to the hike, the food, and all coordination with rides and rooms were flawless. I will highly recommend you to anyone.

4  Thank Michael G
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked through Mar Tours (based locally in Moshi) and climbed Kilimanjaro via the 6 day trek using the Rongai Route. It was an awesome trip - a lifetime ambition for both of us, and the team from Mar were superb.

Booking was through emails with the manager at Mar, Job Baraka. He was very helpful and very quick to respond on emails and to give advice regarding timings, what we needed etc. The deposit, and the park fees, need to be wired in USD in advance to the Mar Tours bank account - details of which come by email. This does feel odd, particularly if like me you are sceptical. But Job confirmed receipt of all transfers straight away and all was in order when we got there. I was encouraged by feedback from other reviewers who also found this to work fine. Job arranges lifts from and back to Kilimanjaro airport and everything in between including hotel accommodation before and after the trek.

The team who took us up were first class. In the end there were no other takers for our date so it was just the two of us. We were led by the brilliant chief guide Manase and assistant guide Arnold, plus chef Frank, and 8 porters who set up camp each evening, took it down in the morning, and overtook us each day in order to set up camp before we got there each evening. Incredible. And all great guys - very helpful and very friendly. I cannot say enough good things about the whole team - they were brilliant. How Frank cooks every day the quality of food he does, from his tent each night, i'll never know.

Both of us suffered a bit from altitude from camp 3 onwards. Manase and Arnold were great - checked on us a few times a day, talked us through what was normal, and encouraged us. And when it came to the summit day (which starts at midnight with a 5-6 hour steep ascent in the dark), they were excellent - setting a good (i.e slow and steady) pace to keep us going, as we adapted to the reducing oxygen on the way up. They were patient when we needed to stop, and they were encouraging all the way up (and down) - both of us got to Uhuru peak successfully which is due to their expertise.

You spend a lot of time with the guides, particularly because there were only two of us, on all the days. We found them a great balance of being friendly and happy to chat, but also happy to let us get on with it, which we really appreciated.

I know everyone who comes down says this but I can't believe there are better guides out there than Manase and Arnold - and to be honest we couldn't have asked for a better whole team.

You need to take dollars with you for tips, which are significant, and distributed on the final morning. Job advises how much you should allow per team member. We were a bit naive to be honest and were not expecting as many porters as we had, but fortunately had enough cash with us. A total team of 11 sounds a lot for 2 of us but when you go it makes sense - each one of them worked so hard to get us to the top and back down - they earned every penny of what we gave them.

Overall, apart from our altitude sickness (!) we could not have asked for a better experience, and that was massively due to Mar Tours and the team. I would 100% recommend climbing Kilimanjaro, and using Mar Tours. Memories that will last a lifetime.

Date of experience: November 2018