All reviews female staff bucket shower central serengeti moru kopjes bush tv singing and dancing open vehicle communal dinner other guests tse tse flies hot water the entire staff wonderful experience three nights tsetse flies assistant manager our honeymoon
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Lovely two night stay at Dunia Camp at New Year's Dec 2012/Jan 2013. The service excellent, and the food delicious. Asilia Africa is a wonderful company and very conservation and community minded: the Dunia staff is all hired from local tribal communities, to provide them with an alternative to poaching. The campfire before dinner is especially lovely, and when we were there one night were treated to tribal singing and dancing by the staff. One note: we stayed during the short rainy season, and the roads into and out of camp were really muddy; make sure you are in a jeep or landrover than can handle some serious mud (and your driver is prepared for it).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jlg1
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Dunia in January 2013 for two nights. I wish we would have stayed longer. If we ever have the opportunity to visit Tanzania again, we will stay here again. Peter and his staff do a wonderful job and see it to that you are well taken care of. We like to call the road to the camp Celebrity Row because there wasn't an animal we didn't see...elephants, lions, zebras, giraffes, baboons, hippos...you name it we saw it. The tents are spacious and the showers are by far the best we had in our tented camp experiences! Wonderful views overlooking the Serengeti. If we ever go back, we will spend the entire time within the Serengeti.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liongirl1470
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at Dunia Camp for 2 nights in October 2012 for our honeymoon. If I ever return to Tanzania, I will definitely stay here again. On our first night I wasn't feeling well, so the staff served me dinner in bed. They were so incredibly warm and friendly, the food was amazing, and on our second morning we woke up to find a rhino walking past about 100 yards from our tent. There is no other place in the world like Dunia Camp.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily B
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Dunia was a lovely place to stay. While I haven't stayed anywhere else in the Serengeti, and might try a different part of the park next time, I highly recommend Dunia.

Peter and the staff are great and tend to every need you have. Except for the showers, the "tents" can't be described as anything but first class. There is even an enclosed sitting area with a chaise in the front of (and connected to) the main tent with the bed. The showers are the only thing that need improvement. You must schedule a shower with the staff, and when you are ready, they bring a bucket of hot water that works on a pulley system. Sometimes the shower was fabulous, and other times, I could barely wash the shampoo out of my hair.

Every night at sunset, there is a campfire where the guests mingle and drink cocktails and have snacks.

At night, I could hear many animals including wildebeests, hyenas and lions but never actually saw anything on the grounds. They call this the African lullabye :-)

The food is out of this world. Every meal I had was fabulous.

If you are going to the Serengeti, definitely check out Dunia!

Room Tip: There are only a dozen or so tents that are spaced apart, so you can't really go wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank nelsoli
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed at the camp 3 nights during November 2012. Its really outstanding place. The service, the atmosphere and the food are excellent. We have stayed in other luxury places during our trip, but this one is by far more pleasant and cozy. We warmly can recommend the place.
Dubi