All reviews game drives king david family style dinner other guests wildebeest migration his team mara river enjoy the experience wild dogs safari experience great migration incredible staff hot shower the entire staff driver guide bucket shower his knowledge
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Ubuntu Mara Lodge was our first stop on our safari and was amazing. The staff (more that one per guest) is so friendly and helpful and welcoming. You need not lift a finger. They treat you like Kings and Queens and the food is amazing. Hyenas and lions were nearby at night. Campfire drinks were fabulous and sunset second to none. Did I mention the food? Wow wow wow.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank OilerFans
Reviewed October 8, 2015

Our three days staying at Ubuntu were fantastic. Manager David runs a great camp. Our tents were very comfortable and the food was absolutely delicious. Staff was professional and friendly, and our driver/ guide Venant, was perfect. He listened to our desires and worked his best to help us see what was important to us-- including a rhino! We also saw not one, but two crossings of the wildebeests (and zebras). Phenomenal! Loved the pre-dinner bonfires each night and listening to the zebras run thru our camp at dawn. Would go back there in a hearbeat.

Room Tip: Text 3 is close to the commom areas and has a beautful tree out front.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy1961_10
Reviewed October 2, 2015

Tent is spacious and has superb views across the valley. Staff are very accommodating and punctual to all your requirements. The Manager is friendly and anxious to learn that all your needs are met. Lucas my driver/guide has super knowledge and still keen to learn himself and teach his guests also. For me this is an important trait.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank WingedPegasus
Reviewed September 15, 2015

Ubuntu was the perfect place for us to stay in the Serengeti! Although it's a camp the beds are huge and extremely comfortable, the showers are hot and the loo's flush. The food was honestly better than at a 4 star hotel we later stayed at in Zanzibar! Considering it's a camp miles from anywhere, each evening meal was completely different to the last, nutritious, and delicious, in huge servings too. The wine was quality, and the pre-dinner beers and gin and tonic's around the campfire chatting about the day's safari was an absolute highlight. We stayed in June in the western corridor, and although the migration didn't come through whilst we were staying, we felt incredibly lucky, as each day we were driven for 2 hours through breath-taking scenery to central where we were completely spoilt seeing lion, lion cubs, leopards, cheetahs, elephant, giraffe, the list goes on and on. But we also saw so much going to and from central, not to mention the herds of thousands of the wildebeest and zebra, plus the cheetah and cheetah cubs that were on our doorstep, and we honestly believe our experience wouldn't have been the same if we'd been staying central, as we'd have never ventured out that far. David and his team made our honeymoon a trip to remember forever, thanks Ubuntu! Definitely recommend staying western if you're looking for a complete safari experience, and staying with Ubuntu if you want friendly, genuine and extremely knowledgeable hosts that really care about your visit.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet55555
Reviewed September 13, 2015

Bucket list trip, experience of a lifetime. Witnessing the wildebeest migration left me speechless as did the vastness of the lands, and the culture that surrounded me. At times I felt that this wasn't real as it was more than I imagined; instead this was a dream come true. The serenity of the Serengeti was exactly what I needed. I traveled solo and the staff at Camp Ubuntu made me feel safe and welcomed. The tents were comfortable, the entire camping facility was clean and organized, the food was amazing and the staff went above and beyond to make me feel at home... Candi I.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo