1,050 results
All reviews zambezi river resident hippo evening entertainment free shuttle a la carte menu dinner buffet crocodile farm sunset cruise rooms are small local wildlife mosquito net hotel grounds lovely pool the hotel offers beautiful grounds enjoyable stay buffet style
Reviewed January 11, 2017

This hotel is very far away from the town so you have to eat and drink there. There is a shuttle to town but we did not use it. The hotel is being offered as 4 star but it is maybe a 3 start. The rooms are clean but worn down. The service is average. But the worst part is the food and drink prices; they are for a 5 start luxury hotel but never for a place like this. The food is good but not amazing. The good part is the hotel is right on the Zambezi river. So, it is not the best, but not the worst either. I would look for a better hotel for the price.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jose S
Sibongile2015, Guest Relations Manager at A'Zambezi River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2017

A refreshing day to you Jose S

Thank you for your much appreciated feedback as we await another chance to welcome you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 5, 2017

You cannot fault this lodge. Rooms are average size, modern, clean. Hotel and F & B staff are friendly and helpful and speak good english. Manage to see warthog, hippo, monkeys and mangoose on the lodge grounds. I had a medical issue while I was staying there, reception was so kind to point to me in the right direction. Telling me where I can get medical help, the opening times of the different medical centres and how far they were and how much it cost to go to the different places. Had to call my insurance company, they were so kind to allow me to use the lodge phone to call and not charge me a cent. Awesome place, awesome people and awesome sunset.

Room Tip: Asked for 2nd floor, quieter, better view of the river and private balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pioneertraveller

A refreshing day to you pioneertraveller

Many thanks for your positive review on Trip Advisor, we are pleased that you had a memorable stay at Azambezi River Lodge.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 4, 2017

We spent two nights here while exploring Victoria Falls. The grounds are lovely --and full of wild things --like Warthogs, hippos, etc. Staff were very very accommodating --and hard working. Food was very good and reasonably priced considering they have a "captive audience" . Lovely location along the Zambezi --like a park. Monkeys in the trees. One evening a huge hippo was grazing quietly on the lawn outside the rooms. A hotel staffer was there to make sure guests didn't go too close, but he/she was quite disinterested in the people. Fun.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the lawn area and towards the pool/river.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelgal5050

A refreshing day to you travelgal5050

Thank you for the kind words you have written to us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you found the Azambezi River Lodge as a lovely place to stay.
We are only too happy to have been a part of your magical holiday and we will most certainly pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

I must say my lodge stay was awesome at this lodge. The place is beautiful,right on the Zambezi River with amazing views. A bit expensive, but well worth it. Best part though was the service. All the staff was on point. Not one issue. Definitely comes highly recommended

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Sibongile2015, Guest Relations Manager at A'Zambezi River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

A refreshing day to you Zimkitha G

Many thanks for the wonderful feedback regarding our hotel and staff, we greatly appreciate.

We now await for another chance to welcome you back soon at the Azambezi River Lodge.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

This hotel has the most loving staff I have ever dealt with! I got sick from eating at another place and they were there at three in the morning with extra linens. The air conditioner was leaking and they fixed it within 20 minutes. The desk had friendly and helpful staff!
I was feeding wild monkeys ( my mistake) and one almost bit me. Instead of fussing at me they showed true concern if I had been injured. Waiters treat you like you are a guest in their home. The beds were very comfortable. I was only bitten by two mosquitos in Africa and it wasn't near this hotel because they have netting and spray rooms each nite. Worth every penny!

Stayed: December 2016

A refreshing day to you

We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Kind Regards