1,027 results
All reviewszambezi riverresident hippoevening entertainmentfree shuttlea la carte menudinner buffetcrocodile farmsunset cruiserooms are smalllocal wildlifemosquito nethotel is situatedlovely poolthe hotel offersbeautiful groundsbuffet styleenjoyable stay
Reviewed May 21, 2018

I visited the A'Zambezi River Lodge for five nights in May of 2018 on a holiday to Zimbabwe. In short, it was an incredible experience and I would highly recommend it.

Let me break it down:

Service. Service was stellar. At first I was thinking "Okay, they are being too nice, what do they want from me?" But I came to realize that a high level of service is just what they do. For example, in visiting Victoria Falls, I stepped into a mud puddle and my left shoe was full of mud. Kimpton (one of the service staff) insisted on taking my shoes so that they could clean and dry them overnight. They didn't charge me anything, but I made sure to tip Brian the laundry guy.

My room attendant, Never, was one of the friendlies people I have ever met. It was really enjoyable talking to him and getting to know him.

You can book excursions on-site and they are happy to set you up with taxi service. The hotel is about 5 km from downtown Victoria Falls and will cost you $10 each way. However, any excursion that you set up will include shuttle services, so you rarely use taxis.

View. The view is spectacular. The landscaping is beautiful and well-kept. You can see the Zambezi from your room. Sometimes elephants walk through the grounds. I missed it, but apparently a hippo likes to hang around the grounds too. There are also monkeys. It is the proximity to the river and the wildlife that make this superior, IMO, to a hotel that is in Victoria Falls. They will get elephants there too - but it seems different when you are in a natural setting.

Restaurant. This was solidly good. Not the all-time best meal, but well worth it. Make sure to try to crocodile and the warthog. Both delicious. They had an incredible group performing on two of the nights with A cappella African singing and dancing.

Rooms. The room was perfect for me. Not huge, but easily big enough. Lots of storage space and very well designed. The bed was comfortable. They use Type G plugs (UK style) so make sure to bring adapters if your electronics have a different plug.

I think that's it. My trip to Victoria Falls is one I will never forget. Usually the hotel is just the place I sleep but in Victoria Falls, it was part of the experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Michael O
Sibongile2015, Guest Relations Manager at A'Zambezi River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

A refreshing day to you Michael O

Many thanks for your positive review on Trip Advisor, we are pleased that you had a wonderful experience at A`Zambezi River Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

Our tour group stayed in the hotel over this past weekend for 3 days. We really had a great time. Every staff member we encountered was more than helpful and always very nice. I felt very safe on the property. Our rooms were clean. Mosquito nets are there to use at nighttime. We enjoyed watching the warthogs graze the grass right outside our room. Pool was nice. The restaurant and bar were great. There are more food options available on the buffet than what my stomach could handle haha. We did both breakfast and dinner there. The dinner show was great. It's close to the town. There is a hotel shuttle or the staff can arrange a taxi for you. They helped us get reservations at Boma one night. Round trip taxi there and back was $20 USD. Would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone visiting to Victoria Falls.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank LydiaM24
Sibongile2015, Guest Relations Manager at A'Zambezi River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

A refreshing day to you LydiaM24

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our refreshing hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Azambezi River Lodge.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

The staff welcomed us to the only lodge accommodation on the Zambezi River - Africa's fourth longest river - at Victoria Falls. Situated about 5 kms (3 miles) from the Falls and the Victoria Falls town, the lodge provides a relaxing oasis amid a parkland setting, with of course those river views.

We found all staff to be friendly and helpful. The free breakfast buffet provided a great start to the day. We also had dinner and lunch at the Lodge as there are not a lot of eating options in Victoria Falls township (we used the Lodge's free shuttle to access the township).

The room had two large beds which were firm with comfortable pillows. There was a separate bath and toilet in our room. We also had a balcony with chairs to enjoy the pleasant setting.

One surprise was the local wildlife - warthogs and monkeys frequented the grounds, with an array of birdlife. Apparently, a hippo had walked across the grounds the night before.

I would strongly recommend this accommodation for those wishing to go to the majestic Victoria Falls and experience a sunset or sunrise cruise on the Zambezi.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil D
Sibongile2015, Guest Relations Manager at A'Zambezi River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

A refreshing day to you Neil D

Many thanks for your positive review on Trip Advisor, we are pleased that you had a refreshing stay with us at A`Zambezi River Lodge.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Just minutes from the Sundowner Cruise and Falls. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked great. The lighting outside on the paths to the room could be improved considering there are wild animals just running about. The food was ok. I was not impressed with the dinner menu. There was not enough variety. The staff was friendly and helpful for the most part. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

A refreshing day to you ROORL2015

Thank you for your great review. We greatly appreciate all the feedback on your stay at A`Zambezi River Lodge. We will share this review with the team. We really hope to see you back in Victoria Falls one day.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We had and all inclusive 4 night stay at this hotel in 2017. It is a good standard hotel with good food and all the rooms have views on the gardens and Zambezi river. The only "down" side is that the hotel is situated out of town. The hotel however has a free shuttle bus service to and from Vitoria Falls Town a few times a day.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Casper840

A refreshing day to you Casper840

Thank you for taking the time to review Azambezi River Lodge. We are thrilled that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again soon.