All reviews rooftop bar hamburger front desk staff rooms are clean downtown africa angola business
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Outside dining in Luanda. Good hamburger and fries. When you say hamburger, it is a piece of ham and a burger. They put a special sauce on it. I had them omit it on mine. Good friendly waiters and cook. They serve peanuts as well. Highly recommend if you are in town.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I was surprised at the quality of my stay at the Hotel Continental. There was very effective AC in my room, insure the windows are closed first to prevent bugs from entering your room. I had a nice burger and drinks on the rooftop bar and restaurant with coworkers. It is open until midnight, service is a bit slow but I am used to American standards and here in Africa I need to slow it down a bit. There is a nice gym.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Over the years that I have been coming to this hotel, I have found them to always be friendly, helpful and professional...

Rooms are clean, food is good and general atmosphere is relaxed in the busy city...

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed October 6, 2017

I stayed in this hotel previously (Feb/17) and I thought it was decent. It still is, but the internet quality has gone down and so has breakfast. Only a few items available in each category. I also think the bed could be more comfortable and TV have very options (mostly local channels, three Brazilian ones with soap operas, National Geographic and France 24).

My room was extremely noise. The hotel is located behind a plaza where some people sell stuff and live. On a Saturday when I could sleep in, I was up at 7:00 given the amount of noise. Shower is not the greatest either. There are two small elevators in the hotel, and sometimes they get stuck in one of the floors.

Maintenance definitely could be better. The entrance automatic doors sensors haven't worked properly since my last stay here.

I stayed at an non-smoking room but sometimes I could smell smoke coming from somewhere.

Receptionists are not very knowledgeable about nearby restaurants to give recommendations.

Regarding the location, you can a nice view of the bay from the rooftop restaurant, but the surrounding areas next to the hotel are a bit scary, especially at night. If you want to go a restaurant outside of it, you need to call a cab.

PS: I tried to tip the driver of the hotel shuttle to the airport with a couple of dollar bills and he said to not even bother because that would be worth nothing there. I took my money back!

Room tip: Far from the street noise
Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank ccap77
Reviewed September 8, 2017

The hotel is decent and front rooms have a good view. the service and maintenance could certainly have been better and the food was passable. Has a decent bar and restaurant. Angola being expensive,it pays to negotiate the room rates.

Room tip: Sea facing rooms have a good view
Date of stay: September 2017