“Great stay, would stay here again!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Atlantic
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Atlantic
Branson
“Great stay, would stay here again!”
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Quiet, Clean, well priced, nice quick start breakfast, close to walmart and food. Indoor pool

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2009

My family stayed in this hotel on the way across country due to the reviews on this site. This hotel was in our "stop range". Since we were only using it to sleep, I didn't care about frills. I just wanted clean and a comfortable enough bed. I got both. We didn't swim, much to the dismay of my kiddos, so I can't comment on the pool. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was adequate for a free breakfast with a "make your own" waffle station. There are several restaraunts within walking a driving distance as well as a Walmart across the street I was happy with my choice to stay here and would do it again.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Liberty
Reviewed 20 September 2008

One of the nicest Super 8 hotels I've used. The property is a little confusing in terms of layout, but the room was spacious, clean, and VERY quiet (for a Super 8). I didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. Very friendly staff, nice office area.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, convenient
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2007

I stayed here as a stop during my road trip cross country. The service at the front desk was polite, couteous and friendly. The room was clean and had a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable, but my hubby said, "BYOP (bring your own pillow)". The room was noticably quiet, even though we were on the bottom floor. Breakfast was great and had a wide variety, including waffles, pancakes and all the other expected things. They have a pool and a large hot tub, we used both. There were toys in the pool for kids that belonged to the hotel. Easy check in and check out. Ample parking. It's a ways off the freeway (about 10-15 minutes) but was worth the drive out of the way. Wal mart is across the street, along with a McDonald's and a gas station.

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Pillows were flat
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank snowgal221
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 August 2006

Stayed at the Super8 Atlantic recently while in the area for a work event. My room and those my coworkers stayed in all smelled very mildewy, and, when I made the very bad mistake of taking off my shoes, I discovered that the carpet was damp. I don't know why the other reviewers would give this 5 "bullets" or "stars" or whatever, but this accommodation was barely tolerable at best. After trying the free breakfast the first morning, we chose to pay and go to the supermarket down the street the next morning. The Super8's coffee was essentially coffee-flavored water and the food was an assortment of sugary treats and cereals... nothing remotely resembling anything healthy or fresh. The one really good thing this place had going for it was the front desk clerk, who really made an effort on my behalf when I arrived at 10pm to check in and found no record of my reservation and the place totally sold out (after some digging she unearthed a held reservation for which no one had checked in and gave me that room).

• Liked — Front desk clerk
  • Disliked — Damp carpet and mildew smell!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CAinDC
glen rock nj
Reviewed 11 July 2006

On our cross country trek with our 2 golden retirever, we stayed at the Super 8 in Atlantic. There are not many choices in that neck of the woods. It was an older style Super 8 but clean and quiet and friendly. The pool was very pleasant. There was lots of room out back to walk the dogs. We would stay there again if we were in that part of Iowa again. We ate at a great Mexican restaurant down the road. It was a nice change from chain restaurants.

Dallas, Texas and Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 20 June 2004

What a wonderful place! After one night in the closest place I've ever stayed in to the Bates Motel from the movie "Psycho"- down the street (the A-Ford-O), the Super 8 looked like a five star hotel!
We were very lucky to get a last-minute cancellation at the Super 8, which was clean with nice rooms- mini fridge and microwave, even a hairdryer in the room! Wonderful staff, very nice and efficient. Great safety with card-keyed entrance to the building and the room. Excellent location in Atlantic- next door to the best restaurant in town "The Feed Lot". Also next door to a grocery store that mailed 5 packages for us- service until 10:00 pm- a God send after a successful visit to a nearby antique show. A good breakfast buffet included in the price of the room (the best milk I've had in a long time- those cows must be fed on the local corn!) Also, McDonalds one block away and a new Walmart being built across the street. I highly recommend the Super 8 in Atlantic Iowa!!!

10 Thank Evelyn S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic
4.2 km away
31.1 km away
Motel 6 Avoca
Motel 6 Avoca
#1 of 3 in Avoca

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Atlantic? Share your experiences!