“A very good choice”

Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Edmonton, Canada
“A very good choice”
Reviewed 12 April 2011

My group of 3 stayed here last week for 3 nights. I was pleasantly surprised. We got an extra single bed brought into the room so we could all stay together. The service was good, the shower was hot, internet connection was fast, and breakfast was included. The only drawback was that our room overlooked the courtyard. It was a little noisy until about 11pm. All in all, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
germany
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This hotel is a realy very good place in this big african city.
The reception was very kind, the rooms very clean and the breakfast was ok.
The manager mr. samuel was a very helpful an friendly man.
Next time in Addis for sure - Adot Tina Hotel.
Also there is a small gym and sauna.
The location is very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
dakkar
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We arrive for the UA Summit 2010 at 4.00 in the morning to just find out that our rooms had been given to other passengers coming some minutes befor us. My 2 colleagues were given a room on the ground floor, behind the hotel without a key on the door or courtains on the only window. For that the management wanted to charge them 100 $ each. Being a women i seems I was given a last minute prepared room on the parking lot. The guards talked with high voice untill I had to leave bed 2 hours after. For this short stay and a mediocre breakfast I was made to pay 100$.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Spent two nights here when first arriving in Ethiopia and was mostly pleased with this hotel. Just do not get a room which overlooks the parking lot since it is noisy at night. The hotel is gated with guards for extra security and offers free internet. For me the best feature was quick rooms service.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joyce V
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed one night at the Adot-Tina at the start of our trip and then again for our last night. It was fine the first night - slightly alarmed by the plug in the shower but then learnt that this is standard in Ethiopia - it was our first night here! Breakfast was good and the staff friendly. The second time around, the hotel was even better. We had a bigger room, which was very clean. The location was good too - there were bars and restaurants within easy walking distance and no hassles.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenandDrew
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2010

After reading all of the raves on TripAdvisor we eagerly awaited our stay at the Adot Tina. Unfortunately the hotel is not as promised. We reserved a junior sweet and our first room we looked at was on the top floor overlooking the courtyard. There was a water pump above the room that repeatedly squeaked. We asked for another room and they moved us down to the second floor also on the courtyard. The courtyard is noisy with cars pulling up to the hotel.

The rooms are warn and passably clean. I would would normally forgive this in Addis but it was consistent throughout the hotel. The internet was not working, which is very common in Addis, and there is no wireless in the hotel. Only Ethernet in the rooms and at the business center. The internet never worked when we were there. The hotel does not have a backup generator , and with frequent power outages in Addis, its nice to stay in a hotel that has one.

The food was ok and breakfast was messy but edible. The staff was friendly even though our porter completely scammed us on a sim card for our phone the night before. Naively we paid him too much for a sim card, which turned out to be his own sim card. I tried come back later in the week to discuss this with him but he was not there. Lessons learned in Addis.

The next morning we promptly checked out and went to the PANORAMA and stayed there the rest of the week! It's a great hotel and the ADOT-TINA could learn a lot from them.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knubel
Johannesburg
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I visited Ethiopia in January 2010 with my 84 year old father (the only other family member prepared to visit Ethiopia with me). I especially wanted to be in Lalibela for Timkat, which falls on my brthday this year. We started and ended our trip in Addis, and bookings were all made through a local agent, so unfortunately I do not know what the hotel cost. Our experience of this hotel as well as of Ethiopia in general is wry. There is no consistency. The hotel is lovely, albeit in a less than ritzy area. However, on arrival (exhausted and hungry) I was shown to a beautiful room with bathroom and all the bits and pieces such as soap and hairdryer, while my father was shown to a filthy hovel tacked on at the back of the hotel. Why? They were not full. Dad of course just thought that that was what Ethiopian hotels were like and so endured the first night. When I saw where he had been put I was horrified and complained to the hotel (via the guide - no one speaks much english) and he was moved at once into a beautiful suite. At the end of our trip we were each given suites, Dad's complete with roof top patio. The restauant serves excellent food at very reasonable prices and seems to be open 24 hours. They do an excellent gin and tonic. With the exception of the aberration at the beginning of the trip, this is a hotel I would not hesitate to recommend. Rooms were big and clean, bathrooms superior and food tasty, plentiful and cheap. Staff are charming even if they dont much understand you. They did make the requested wake up call, and when Dad left his shaving kit behind, they kept it until our return 10 days later.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family