“stay with Excitment”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #55 of 120 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 6 November 2010

i was in Bole Ambassador hotel on Oct. i had a very good time,the room,food and resturant staff was nice but some time the Internet On & Of .reseptioni staff they are profetional specially ABRAHAM he was help full and knowlagebel he has good relation with all guest ,always he assist me so if you go ambassador hote you dont need to worry about Internet b/c abraham is their,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank davidbony
There are newer reviews for Ambassador Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2010

The hotel is very near the international airport and in a good part of town with restaurants, banks etc. withing close walking distance. Food in the restaurant is fine. Unfortunately the hotel is surrounded by building sites but presumably this is temporary. Rooms are a spacious with separate bedroom and sitting room. Satellite tv means you can keep in touch with what is going on internationally though internet connection (free in the rooms and in the business centre) is slow and very unreliable. There is a surprisingly good fitness centre. If you are interested in traditional crafts and produce, make sure you visit the shop just down on the Bole Road which is run by a Women's Group and sells items made by the members - much cheaper, a greater selection than you'll find in the airport shops and the money goes directly to the producers!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank PMontour
Reviewed 24 March 2010

As a newly wedded man I stayed with my wife for nearly four weeks in Bole Ambassador Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Our plan was just to stay for few days, however the great service that we received made us to change our mind and stayed for almost four weeks, even beyond our plan and budget. The Hotel has its own free gym, sauna, steam and internet for who stay. We used to most out ot it. Most of all we enjoyed the buffet breakfast that they offer for anyone who stay a night in the hotel. They also have an excellent room service.
The hotel's location is brillint, its located in a prestigious place called Bole and you feel safe all the time. Its close to restaurants and shopping centres, that makes everyones life easy to pick what you want. www.boleambassadorhotel.com
I can't pass without mentioning their wonderful manager (Kumneger) and all staff members (Receptionists, waiters, porters and securities) were very friendly, made as feel at home. I never expected to get such a quality service..
I would love to forward my thanks to all staff members of the hotel, thank you. You made us feel at home. You all are great, see you on our next visit!!

Melaku, London England

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meluu
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I stayed at the Bole Ambassador Hotel for 4 nights and I stayed there last year. The stay last year was fine but this time, I am never going to stay there again.

When I checked-in, i found the floors to the room completely dirty. it looks like it has not been vacuumed for a long time. Also the smell from the toilet was foul. The toilet was clean - its just the smell coming from the pipes. I asked to change my room but other rooms were not available. (I am pretty sure that they were not sold out - they just did not want to move me to a room that cost more.)

They also kept asking me for a deposit or asking me to pay for the whole stay up front. I said that I can pay by my credit card but was informed over several days that their credit card machine was not working. It had not been working for 5 days. (this seems incedible to me that for a business that says that they take credit cards to have their credit card machine not work for 5 days). They said that I had to pay by cash but of course, this being ethiopia, the atm machine was not working on the days that i tried to get money. So, when i infomed them that i was only able to withdraw some money but not all because the ATMs were not working... the credit card machine miraculously started working within 30 mins after not working for 5 days!

Overall, I just felt like the front desk just lied to me during the whole trip.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelinginAfrica
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Would not recommend this hotel unless there are no other choices, credit card charges are ridiculous by local (Dashen) bank and deposits are asked for longer stays without guest being told in advance made the place pretentious.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank palaver123
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The hotel apartment that I received I think it was room 104 or 105 first floor, it was on the corner right side of the hotel. Good size living room comfortable also the bed was I think a king size was pretty big and yes like in the other review it was hard, great for travelers who have back problems like me. A good view of the convention center with two small separate balconys one from the side of the hotel and one in the front. You can see the locals walking up and down the street from time to time. The staff was great. Especially when I called room service for ice almost every hour they was on time very quick response. The food was good too.

Two issue I had with the room was in the bathroom the ceiling was leaking water is was like a drip here and there that landed right on the toilet paper dispenser making the toilet paper wet LOL, but sometimes it was dry. I could have moved to another room if I wanted to, but I was already was situated and comfortable so It was ok. The other was one of the window blinds were missing from the kitchen sink ( the one on the right side) and guests from the other side of the apartments could see me walking in my bedroom back and forth from the bedroom to the bathroom or to the living room, but after a while I got use to it. Other than that it was a good stay. O one more thing if you pay cash for you room afterwards, when you check out make sure you have the receipt where you exchanged you money into Birrs cause they will ask you for it if their credit card system is down like it happpened to me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank NuY0rican75
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Nice enough hotel, close to friendship center mall. They have great room service, try the spicy ethiopian soup, best in addis. They have a great gym, it was the best one that i have found in any hotel in ethiopia. The staff is very nice. Paid around $110 for a suite, includes breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple