“The best hotel in Libreville, nice place, excellent location”

Le Meridien Re-Ndama
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Libreville
Belgrade, Serbia
“The best hotel in Libreville, nice place, excellent location”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The best hotel in Libreville.
Renewed, comfortable and nice. Very charming hotel, feel as welcomed and respectable guest.
Had fantastic 2 days rest when Air France book room for me due to denied boarding.
Friendly and very helpful staff. All speaking english.
Rooms comfortable, clear and very good equipped. Like masks on the walls.
Swimming pool is very good, restaurant excellent. Food variety and quality excellent.
Bar extrenly expensive, many good restaurants and bars around, not far to walk.
Every next visit Libreville will book La Meridien.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Hi Brenaluka

Thanks very much for your feedback and I aml glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I will share your comments with the rest of team and hope to see you soon in Libreville

Pascal Fouquet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Libreville
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel may be dated and in need of some tender loving care, but it is the place to be in Libreville. The General Manager and his staff are very helpful, for the most part, and will listen to issues and concerns. You can see the GM answers reviews personally! Not usual for hotel GMs.

I lived here for a few months and while I found the room service to be fair, try the rooms on the seaside. Get a bed that doesn’t have the air con blowing at you while you sleep.
The bathroom products are very nice and the seaside location very nice. Have a beer in the poolside bar. And, what I really like about this hotel – the breakfast buffet (love those crepes!) and the Tues night cocktail hour. Why don’t more hotels around the world do this complementary fabulous idea…makes me want to stay again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Hello Queryquer

Thaks for sahring your experience at le meridien Libreville and I am glad despite our inperfection that you enjoy your stay with us. I will share this review with the staff (of course I willtranslate it.)

Looking forward to see you on tuesday night to share a drink.

Pascal
Libreville, Gabon
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Nice Hotel in the heart of Libreville/Gabun in tropical Africa, nice Staff, Pool Terrace with Sea View, Gym and a Management that cares about their Guests..!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Andre K
Bom Dia Senhor

Thank you for your review and feedback. I will share with the rest of team and fitness center as I am sure that they will be glad that you have enjoy the facilty.

Hope to meet you next time in Libreville to have a run together

Lusaka
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I dont normally write reviews on the trip advisor as iI feel most hotels try to do their best. However, my experience at the Le Meridian in Gabon should be known to all interested. It was the worst hotel experience of my life. The hotel is old and decrepit, the toilet smelled of pee (like a public toilet ) and the service was just terrible, I have no other words to describe it. Some staff (please note not all) were the rudest I have ever come across. I would have been better off sleeping in the streets!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank suzie o
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Bonjour

Thanks you for your review and feedback regarding your stay in the hotel and I was sorry to read about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologise. It will have been great to let me know those points during your stay so we could have corrected it and I am sure that you will
have been able to enjoy your stay in our hotel despite his old age. Looking forward to see you again and prove you that you can enjoy le meridien re-ndama

Pascal Fouquet

Travellers are raving about these Libreville hotels

Guarda, Portugal
Reviewed 27 July 2011

As a sports animal I was immediately drawn on the hotel's sports facilities. The fitness center offers a wide assortment of weights + fitness equipment, tarmac on the tennis courts is also in shape and the swimming pool ain't overbleached. I also met friendly staff, prepared to go that extra mile! And sometimes they had to endure my painstaking demands! I reckon the the hotel needs some revamping cause aging is breaking in.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the simple but cozy waterfront rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank spgamer
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Every time I come to Libreville, this is the place I choose. Safety and security are ok and my focus goes on the service which is good compared to what we can find in the area. Food is international and the restaurant overlooking the sea offers a pleasant atmosphere at the evening. Well, we can not compare it with facilities in such regions as Europe but Le Meridien Re Ndama is the right choice in Libreville and Le Meridien reputation makes the rest.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thanks for your kind comments and I am glad that you enjoy our hotel. I will share this with the team as we also appreciate good feedback

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed in this hotel for business in Libreville for 2 nights.
The hotel is pretty much ran down and very old. The rooms are extremely old and smelled really bad. Furniture is as new as the hotel structure. To be fair, the breakfast was very good, plenty of cheese and bread, coffee was well prepared and they had plenty of fruits for the guest.
Since in LBV there are not many hotels, I must say this was the best choice. Had an argument with the receptionist who didn't treat me professionally. I emailed Meridien to complain and they emailed me back to apologize and gave me extra points for the embarrassment into my loyalty program. I thought it was a pretty decent attitude. The hotel should be renovated, specially for the prices (once again, cant blame the cost of doing business there, but its still overpriced). Ordered some room service, they didnt have what I wanted in the menu...Internet didnt work although I paid for it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Pascal30, General Manager at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Bonjour

Thank you for your posting and I was sorry to read about your experience in our hotel espacilly th attitude of our receptionist. I will pass this review to the front team and discuss this with them. Please accept our apologise for this. Regarding the renovation we are working with the owner in order to start a plan that is well needed. For internet we have been promise optique fibre by the end of this month so we should be able to provide much better connection than today. Do not hesitate to contact me during your next trip in Libreville