“Nothing special, but pretty good for Ghana”

Holiday Inn Accra Airport
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Australia
“Nothing special, but pretty good for Ghana”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed here twice, two weekends running, reception at airport after a long haul flight definitely appreciated as it meant a relatively pain-free arrival into Ghana as I was whisked off to a comfortable aircon club-style lounge as soon as I departed the Immigration area. Wasn't offered a cool drink though, and nothing available for sale which I found a bit odd. Reception at hotel itself 2mins drive away was friendly and efficient, and I was given a large room on a high floor. Room was large and comfortable, everything worked OK.

And then the guy next door came home.........and I realised the interconnecting door was doing ZERO in noise abatement between the rooms as he was having a (very loud) conversation on the phone and I could hear every single word very clearly over the TV programme I was watching. As this was late at night I waited a while for it to stop, which it did eventually, but then I started hearing everything else going on in the room, and I mean everything!! Turning over in bed, etc etc, you get the picture. Too much information from where I was sitting.

Rang Reception, explained the situation, and they quite happily transferred me to another smaller room without interconnecting door after someone came up to the room and listened for a coupla minutes to the noise level. I happily went off to sleep in my comfy bed in my new quiet room. Yes moving was irritating, but it was managed very nicely by the staff.

Service in the restaurant and bar was underwhelming during both stays, took literally one hour to get a menu in the bar, let alone a drink! Breakfast was packed with American military types, bit odd, felt like I was on an army base not in a hotel. So if you need to eat there, allow plenty of time, food was average, nothing to rave about.

I have been using Golden Tulip for my transit business stays, but will now stay here purely for ease of access to/from airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have interconnecting doors
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear DameDuFerAustralie,

Thank you for your recent stays with us and leaving feedback. We are pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry for any inconvenience the noise from the other guest caused you. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We are a hard working team of doctors needing somewhere comfortable and efficient to stay and Holiday Inn delivered. We have stayed in Accra before, and this was the best hotel.

1 Thank TLCUK_12
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

With all my travel experience here are some points that are to me a disadvantage
- music too loud at the pool and everywhere in the hotel, no place to rest or nap ( hardly can discuss with colleagues outside )
- rooms are clean but towels have an old grey color and some show old spots, inconsistency in cleaning depending on who cleans your room,
- food ... Buffet was terrible , a la carte my order did not match so did my colleagues order as well
- equipment at the pool ... Old and poor only 2 umbrellas for 10 chairs around the pool ( you better get sun cream or avoid pool)
- very expensive for all they offer
- walking distance from airport

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Julia S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Julia S,

Ben J
IHG Care

Travellers are raving about these Accra hotels

Hollywood, CA
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here on three different occasions
The price they charge per night does not match the quality of the rooms.. The rooms needs to be upgraded..
The lobby is crowded most of the time. Looks like a hang out place to me (not a good thing)

Room Tip: It is a good place to stay though !
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank F N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear F N,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with cost of your room. Prices do vary depending on the market. I also sorry for the room accommodations and the unusual situation of our hotel lobby that did not live up to your expectations. I assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Accra, Ghana.

Anthony M
IHGCare
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 12 April 2012

It is the second time i am staying at Holiday Inn Accra Airport-the first in December 2011.
By and large, it is a great place.
This time round i had rather a bumpy start when i got here and they had no room for me yet it had been booked earlier so i had to be taken to Africa Regent Hotel. The receptionist- a one gentleman did not seem bothered about this but it was an inconvenience.

I love Africa Regent hotel where i had also stayed twice (November 2011 and February 2012). The problem is that this time, i came to stay in holiday Inn and not Africa Regent. I hope they can work on this as people do not want such an inconvenience.

Well, they picked me after a day and the atmosphere -rooms helped me forget the inconvenience i had experienced. Very comfortable beds with very soft pillows and pretty clean rooms. I love the rooms at the swimming pool side- looking at the swimming pool and all. However, they need to have more towels in the rooms and also improve on the quality of towels.

The breakfast is fresh and deliciously wonderful. I enjoyed the best of it. The place is also very near the airport-walkable distance-though the hotel has pickups and drop off to the airport.
Like i said, by and large, i love the place.

Room Tip: I love the rooms facing the swimming pool for better view
2 Thank Robert O
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had a wonderful time there. The hotel is very beautiful and clean. The room I was in had a selection of quality pillows which were all super comfy so I slept very comfortably. There was a hair drier and electric trouser press in my room also. It was spacious and everything worked well. I'd definitely love to go back again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Taffy_16P
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Well, as this was a business trip i cannot say it was a bad experience as it served the purpose intended. The food was ok, the drink was ok, the facilities were OK if not lacking a bit of soul. As with this chain of hotels, the rooms were spacious and well kitted out. The aircon was not functioning as it would have expected as the sheets felt a bit damp and also there was signs of condensation on the inside of the windows. However, i have stayed at a few places in Accra and although some may provide better quality, the location of the Holiday Inn is unrivalled.

Room Tip: View over the pool area (South)
1 Thank Goviegovie