US$43
US$103
US$138
US$134
Tribute Guest House - Matala(Maseru)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$182
Hotels.com
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Blue Crane B&B(Maseru)(Great Value!)
US$35
Seilatsatsi B&B(Maseru)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
Agoda.com
Black Swan Guesthouse(Maseru)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Shoeshoe Gardens Guesthouse(Maseru)(Great Value!)
US$40
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Dries Neethling

I was told by a friend to use the hotel for a stay in Maseru! I stayed over and was pleasantly surprised . The back of the hotel faces the street but on my arrival at the entrance ,I was met by friendly helpful staff ,a quick check in,cleanliness throughout ,huge rooms with balconies and a stunning comfortable king size bed . It was very clean,and I had a comfortable stay . On my visits to Maseru in future this will be my base!It is evident that the team is working hard to please!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool area ,they are more peaceful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Service is poor from management, hotel is stinking and dirty! Aircons not working! Almost no water in bathrooms! Rooms are stinking!! Food is horrible!!!

We reported problems more than once, the lady in charge said she will sort it out within half an hour, well we were there 5 days and nothing!! I had to ask her over and over again, never even got back to me

the bedding was dirty. To all the guests we spoke, everybody was complaining about the same as we was.

very very disappointed in this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank Lani V
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me say first of all, I'm giving the excellent rating in order to bring the average up to something more reasonable. I stayed recently at the Victoria Monday to Saturday whilst at a conference in another hotel. I come from the UK but have been working in Africa since September 2012. I had already booked before seeing these reviews and nearly cancelled, and am jolly glad I didn't!

The staff were very pleasant - but then, I don't wait for people to be polite to me before I'm polite to them. When I initially asked for an Internet token I was told there were none, when I insisted - politely but firmly - I was escorted by an off-duty member of staff to a neighbouring hotel where I was able to get one, and was shown a number of other useful places in Maseru at the same time. The food was fine. My room were fine, absolutely what one expect for the price. There was no problem with noise the way my room was facing. I have no idea where the 'nice prostitute establishment nearby' was, but then, I wasn't looking for one....

If western tourists want everything to be the same as it is in the west, my best advice is to stay there - or, pay considerably more for the international chains. If you pay a mid range price in Africa, don't be surprised if things are a little different. I enjoyed being at the Victoria, and would certainly go again. I very much hope that people reading these reviews will try the hotel out. To the staff of the Victoria - thank you for having me, you provided a great service, I look forward to returning to your hotel and beautiful country when I have the opportunity

Room Tip: I was facing away from the main road and it was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Geoff T
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Lets see, no water coming out of the sink or shower, toilet didn't work, internet didn't work, TV didn't work, and to cap it all off, bed bugs! The breakfast was a joke and there is a nice prostitute establishment nearby. Spend an extra US $45/night and stay at either the Lesotho Sun or Maseru Sun hotels.

After one night at the Victoria Hotel I left and stayed at the Maseru Sun....waaaaaay better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nyujay2010
GKubirske, Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been and would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your unsatisfied stay.

I would, however, like to report that the hotel has been under COMPLETE new management since November 2012 and has already / is continuously undergoing some changes/ improvements.

On behalf of the current team I would like to assure you that we consider cleanliness and hospitality priority issues.

We would like to invite you to make contact with us on reservations@hotelvictoria.co.ls and experience the changes when next you are in Lesotho.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Two recent weekends spent there have left me unhappy. The failed air-conditioning, the reticent hot water and the very depleted menu and the surliness of some of the staff were bad enough. The locked (with heavy duty wire, twisted tight) fire escape was terrible though.

Room Tip: Very noisy location on Friday and Saturday nights.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business