“A fantastic wedding experience”

Passion Oceane Eco Cruises and Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Passion Oceane is a leading Yacht Charter Company offering catamaran and speedboat cruises all along the northern and western coastlines of Mauritius since 2007. In 2015, Passion Oceane received the prestigious "International Arch of Europe" Award in the Gold Category. This International Quality and Excellence Award is presented to companies around the world that demonstrate a strong commitment to quality as well as excellence in technology, innovation and business management, and which serve as a model for other companies in their industry.
Reviewed July 21, 2016

I cannot recommend this company enough. We held our wedding with Passion Oceane recently and we had a very positive experience. We researched a number of different options and quickly discovered all sorts of hidden costs, though this was not the case with this company.

It was unfortunate that the weather reports said conditions would not be good for the scheduled date. They were very quick to tell us that we could reschedule or cancel if necessary, and that we would receive a full refund if we had to cancel. Fortunately we were able to go ahead with an evening ceremony and everyone on board had a fantastic experience.

Fabienne, the wedding coordinator, was present for the ceremony and went to great lengths to make sure everything ran smoothly. She consulted us regularly before making decisions (what time to serve champagne etc.) but we were mostly happy to take her recommendations. It meant that we felt very much in control but didn’t have to do any organizing as she had everything taken care of.

The catamaran went to a secluded area of Pereybere and we had the ceremony as the sun set, then we went back to Grand Baie where we had the dinner, still onboard. It was a fantastic evening for everyone involved and if we could go back and do everything over again we wouldn’t change anything about it.

All reviews
"catamaran"
in 9 reviews
"beaches"

Reviewed June 1, 2016

We agreed a private charter rate with Bruno via e-mails and everything went very smoothly including an early start that gained us access to "our" own private island (before the other catamarans arrived!).
Crew were excellent with just the right blend of great humour and great service, meaning that we thoroughly enjoyed our day out in a beautiful part of the world.
Saw rays and small turtles thanks to the local knowledge of skipper Nezam.
Only minor disappointment was that due to the windy conditions we did not see any dolphins - next time I would love to go out during whale-watching season as the experience is definitely worth repeating!

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough about Passion Oceane and Bruno! They recently organised my wedding and it was without a doubt the best day of my life. I live in London and Bruno and his team organised everything for me exactly, if not better than what we asked for. The Catamaran was beautifully decorated with colours and balloons matching our chosen colour scheme. The food was set up on the island and we we served a delightful meal. The ceremony was unique and truly beautiful and everyone that was there said it was the best wedding they'd been to.

The photographer on the day was awesome he knew exactly where to take the best pics from, the quality is fantastic and we got our wedding album and a disc with all the pics taken on the day two days after the wedding.

The DJs setup without quarms despite being on An island with no facilities. The arch and chairs were beautifully decorated and the wedding cake looked lovely!

Fabs the wedding coordinator was fabulous, she was with us all day and she simply couldn't do enough to keep me and my family happy and relaxed on what is usually a stressful day. We had sundowners on the boat while cruising back.

Thank you so much to Bruno and the team for giving me, my now hubby and our family a truly magical experience and one none of us will ever forget! Can't wait to come back and do it all over again for our five year anniversary

1  Thank KRCurrie
Bruno F, Manager at Passion Oceane Eco Cruises and Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

Dear Kieshia, thank you very much for your kind and touching words. I am so glad that you are left with such nice memories of your wedding - to be cherished forever. As I mentioned before we departed from Gabriel Island, you two make a wonderful couple and are wonderful people - it really shows. I can honestly say, on behalf of our entire team, that organizing your wedding was a true pleasure. God bless.

Reviewed February 22, 2015 via mobile

The company offered us many things but failed to deliver on most of them. The crew was not cooperative and discouraged us from various activities. Not punctual which they tried to blame on us. Cruise was fine thanks to the dolphins only. Our group was not taken to Benetier island despite being promised during the booking. The only saving grace was the food but we didn't spend the hefty amount to have food, did we? These operators can be avoided.

2  Thank ABHISHEK27132
Bruno F, Owner at Passion Oceane Eco Cruises and Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2015

We are not surprised to receive this review – your party turned out to be by far the most difficult clients that ever boarded our catamarans. From the moment you came on-board you failed to comply with most of our safety rules and guidelines. Your attitude with the crew was so despicable that they almost dropped you off mid-way through the cruise. They had never been addressed in such a disrespectful manner. Yet we know for a fact that we delivered on every aspect of our contract, which undoubtedly explains that your criticisms remain so vague. We certainly would have liked you to state which of the “many things that you said we offered you but failed to deliver”, or to explain in what ways the crew proved uncooperative when in fact they went out of their ways to satisfy your every wish and request even when those proved unreasonable. And why not also mention that the only reason you were not taken to Ile aux Bénitiers is that you insisted – against our skipper’s advice – on sailing to a far away spot which by the time you sailed back from left no time for you to visit the island. For your information, you are the first ever group to have opted for this cruise who did not land on Ile aux Bénitiers. Next time you book a cruise (not on our boats, please!!!), I strongly suggest you listen to the captain of the ship, with his experience he usually knows best what can and cannot be achieved in the course of the day.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hi ,

I took Northern Isles Catamaran tour with Passion Oceane at the end of April , 2014 ,

The reason why I choose them was that they seems to be the only one which was going to both Flat and Gabriel Islands , and was reasonably priced .

In general - it was great experience , nothing really to complain about ,

maybe just one thing to improve is to accept credit cards payment - they normally require pre payment via bank transfer which maybe ok for a groups but for individual travellers like me , was not really an option as I would have to go to a bank first by taxi etc - i.e. would be very inconvenient , at the end they just accepted my booking without prepayment - but it would be better to just book online instead of being involved in email discussions , but anyway - the experience was great , team was great , and as they go against the flow i.e. visited islands in the order opposite to most other mass tours - it gave additional benefit of enjoying them without crowds.

Food was good , not a Michelin restaurant of cause , but still good quality

also their catamarans are very new - so that was another bonus .

the photos I took during the trip and in general on this Mauritius visit are here

so you can judge for yourself if the place is worth visiting , but from my side can just recommend this excellent place to visit new Mauritius and Passion Oceane

ps

I saw one negative review on this site about them - so was a bit concerned , but in reality it definitely some either competitor or just one particular person - the service was very good - and doesn't look like that most mentioed in that negative review to be even near true situation

anyway

advice -to those who will go to flat island - at arrival don't stay where the boats are - take 30 min walk along the coast - and you get empty island just for yourself , great beaches , sun and sand and NOBODY around - that probably what Mauritius itself should really be ))

2  Thank Alexey B