“Watch the port and the sun go down”
Review of Beer and Spice

Beer and Spice
Ranked #39 of 110 Restaurants in Port Louis
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Good place to rest the feet, take a beer and watch what is going on around. Views over the port and the town and good to shelter from the rain. Friendly staff.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Took two visiting colleagues out for a tour in Port Louis. Were looking for a place to eat and spotted this nicely located restaurant. Mr Fowler was very helpful in our choice, especially for the veg. Service was perfect as well as the food portion and taste.
You eat and enjoy the sea front - best place to sit is outside. My Indian colleague wanted a Lassi (which they normally don't serve), to our surprise Mr Fowler had one prepared for him - so caring of him. I will surely come back with family next time. Value for money.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The reason we chose this restaurant was because it is overlooking the playground where our 10 years old was playing in.

This restaurant offers Italian, Mauritius, Indian, Mauritius Chinese food, sandwiches and burgers.

What I like about it:
1-It's location; near the Postal Museum , Windmill Museum, Waterfront and, of course, the playground.

2-It's grilled chicken dish was ok the sauce that comes with it was nicer.This dish cost 350MUR

What I didn't like:
1-The chicken and prawns curry my husband ordered; it was cold when it arrives half an hour after we ordered the food. This cost us 500MUR.And, the restaurant charged us 35MUR for the Farata without informing us before hand. Not so much about the money but didn't like them being so cheeky about the charges.

The total cost of visiting this restaurant was 1500MUR without service charges. This cost includes a beer, a bottle of water and a Latte

Reviewed July 1, 2017

A waterfront restaurant in the St.Louis harbour. So view was excellent. Menu has wide variety of Chinese, Italian, Indian food. I had Chinese dish and it was delicious. I enjoyed my meal and the view. And I complimented and thanked to the waiter.So far so good.
But when the waiter broght the bill, it was not so good. They charged 1150 rupee instead of 650 rupee. When I told them they overcharged, the waiter came back in a few minutes and apologized for the mistake. He said, they added another table's order to mine by mistake. So they corrected my bill.
Maybe it was an honest mistake, but it is a good idea to check the items and the price written on your bill. Somehow these "mistakes" never happens to customer's advantage. Always "more", never "less".

Reviewed June 10, 2017

The food is the big story here - traditional Mauritian dishes are amazing.

Top tips - lobster, fish vindaye, mixture of fantastic starters all highly recommended. All meals seemed to be cooked from scratch, so do allow a little leisure time when coming here.

The location on the Port Louis Waterfront can be very quite in the evenings during certain times of year, but any buzz kill is avoided by staff determined to show you a good time. The view of the port is also pretty cool.

Dinner we had here was not only the tastiest on a 12 day visit to Mauritius but was also the best value - meal for six with wine and beer flowing pretty steadily, coffees all rocking in at about 200 euro.....definelty cheaper than tourist hot spot of Grand Baie about 30 mins up the road.

We went on spec and with no booking and are pretty pleased with our discovery.....We will be back!