“Heaven!!!”

Cuisines: Greek, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Before visiting Dhow in Mozambique, I would have never thought of myself as a person who would join TripAdvisor. It always seemed like too much work for my liking. However, I have to give you all an idea of what this magical restaurant/gallery holds in the tropics of Africa.
My husband and I are avid collectors and fascinators of art and decor. We constantly travel around Africa and Asia, and our most recent escape was in Mozambique for my 36th birthday. Through online research, I had found that Dhow Mozambique was the must-go-to restaurant in Mozambique, so obviously I quickly made a reservation at their restaurant for my birthday celebration (which was on Valentine's Day).
I have no other words to describe this store other than AMAZING. I was enchanted by the level of art knowledge and expertise. The owner, a blonde Greek lady, immediately embraced us and gave us a tour of the entire store. This was probably the worst idea for my husband because I wanted to buy everything!! I managed to buy a couple of african art pieces, but also beautiful jewelry from Greece and clothing pieces by a well-known Greek designer known as Kourbela.
The excitement didn't stop there! The food was very good and it tasted even better coupled with the amazing musical vibes and view of the ocean. My husband even ended up ordering two of the prawn saganakis entrees!! We couldn't get enough. Also, when you go you should definitely try the princess filet, a filet with mushrooms and cream sauce. I'm not sure if they have it on their normal menu because we ordered from the Valentine's Day menu, but that was definitely a dish I will never forget.
My husband and I have already made plans to return to Mozambique for Christmas and we'll be taking the entire family to Dhow this time! I can't wait!! Trust me: you won't regret this unique Greek and Mozambican infused experience.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

I went there with my friends without booking in advance. All of us get good impression about food and decoration. Amazing view from restaurant to the sea and a route along the beautiful beach. You cab take as many photos as possible. The restaurant manager is very friendly. Love to be back one day!

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

This amazingly well located and beautifully decorated cafe is a must see when visiting Maputo.
Excellence is their motto and customers retribute by flocking there day after day.
The food is delicious and served with smiles and diligence.
Definitely my favorite spot in the capital city of Mozambique.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Such a stunning place with wonderful decor. Just perfect to spend time at the end of the afternoon watching the sun set. The cheese samoosas drizzled with honey were delicious and the iced coffees likewise. The view is breathtaking!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

What an amazing experience! We were welcomed by the owner into the most idyllic setting. Views across to Katembe are perfect at sunset, even in monsoon season! The restaurant area is cosy, airy and rustic and the art throughout the place give masses of contemporary and historical interest.. Great staff too! We decided to let the staff choose a variety of dishes for each course. Everything was beautifully prepared and full of flavour. Thank you to teh team at Dhow - unforgettable and I hope to return.