See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We went to Lugar Do Mar for a day pass to the beach (entry fees applies) We did not stay there, however we tried the restaurant and other facilities they have. The beach was nice and clean, not so crowded specially in the morning. We decided later to have lunch at the restaurant around the pool. We took a shower there. The place has nice and clean showers. We ordered for lunch a Mexican pizza and french fries. The fries were oily and the pizza was rich honestly but the paste was very thin and looks like bread for me. Later they refused to give us the wifi password as they said its only for hotel guest which was not as we have been briefed when we paid the entrance fees. They kept on trying not to give us the password till we left the place before sunset.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravElkouteini
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I've been here few times..
Truly enjoyed the food and accommodation
Today, I drove in and I was asked to pay entrance fee to go to The restaurant... Really???
To crazy to charge for me to go in and pay for food... Not good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2018

The grounds are nice and the rooms quite good. The food in the restaurant was just terrible. Never again. We left quite hungry after two nights and did not even bather with breakfast before leaving. The sea is also quite rough so not good for swimming.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diplomatic000
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

We arrived in the evening. Besides us no one else seemed to stay at the hotel. The manager was sitting at the table having dinner with friends. She didn't even bother to say hello.
When there was a misunderstanding between the staff regarding if we could open a tap or not on our room she came to our table in the end. She explained in a very unfriendly way that they cannot do that and that this is common policy. Why we would even ask for such a thing?! I traveled all over the world, stayed in a lot of places and never ever had a problem with that. But apperently at lugar do mar they haven't heard about it next to how to treat guests properly.
We cut our stay and left the next morning. The holiday mood was gone.
The rooms were nice though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Casper G, Manager -Helena at Lugar Do Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

This guy arrived unanounced at 20:55 in the evening. Delio the reception asked him to pay and he got into an argument there already wanting to pay the next morning. Then at 21:00 after the kitchen had closed he wanted a meal. Ricardo advised we could not make fish but something light, he then wanted to charge it to the room and started shouting. I got up and went to see the problem and started to explain that we work on a cash basis so the bill must be settled, he carried on eating and totally ignored me not once but twice. I then asked him if he understood and that we could allow a bill for the next day and that gets settled at night. He ignored me and when i said sir I am talking to you I think its rude not to answer me he started to acuse me of shouting and spoke about me to his girlfriend in English. Same thing next morning she needed the wifi code i went to their table and greeted them and gave het the code. He again was arrogant and never greeted me. After his attitude i was very upset and thought maybe i must give him his money back and ask him to go elsewhere. I told the staff he would go bad mouth us and here we are. There is a point in this review about not knowing how to treat guests properly, i would argue that you sir have no idea how to handle someone with the common decency and respect that any person deserves.

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

We visited Lugar Do Mar as part of a day excursion to Macaneta Island. We enjoyed the pool (although it was full of algae) and R & R’s at a very reasonable price. The food was very delicious and tasty. After lunch the service got very slow although we were only a few people there on a Saturday. Waiters were nowhere to be found and the lodge missed out on some good sales due to the waiters not being around. Overall a pleasant experience. PS: had a huge problem with our bill at the end of the day, but luckily it was sorted in a jiffy. Keep an eye out for drinks charged for that you didnt have.

Stayed: February 2018