See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Last night my wife made a reservation with Adriane

She confirmed our booking.

This afternoon

We left Windhoek

We messaged her to let her know we were on our way.

She then minutes later blatantly told us that she was closing the lodge and that we should turn around and go back to where we came from (have the msg screenshots).

Not sure I would this place to anyone

Room Tip: terrible experience
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic service (able to accommodate gluten allergies at a 10/10 level - even making gluten free bread) , great location - would definitely come back. We were a group of 16 and everyone loved it! The food in particular was excellent.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judi G
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Rated around 9 on Booking we decided to try it out and avoid spending our last night in Namibia in Windhoek. The road to get there isn't the handiest. When we got there, there was nobody around. We did find a gardener that pointed us the way and disappeared. We walked around for 5 minutes before we found the manager. We were the only ones in the house. According to the guestbook (which I know, might not be signed by every guest!) the last visitor was somewhere in January... sketchy. The pool was stagnant and dirty with plant residues and the place looked half-abandoned. Eerly quiet. Although we enjoyed the room and the starry sky, we always had a weird feeling there. The fact that breakfast was served half an hour later, and that it was only a continental breakfast (no hot meats, beans or anything, just eggs if desired) just contributed to us wondering where a 9/10 rating could come from. I reckon in summer the place might look a bit better, but I'd say a 7/10 would do the place justice. No more.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmanueleCanton
Reviewed January 13, 2015

We stayed 2 nights at Eagle Rock gest house. The owner overcharged in my VISA, without my consent for 5 nights. To compensate the difference she issued a check. I was not able to cash the check as it was produced with irregularities on purpose. This is a clear scam !

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank FERNANDO T
Reviewed November 5, 2014

I stayed with friends at the Eagle Rock in October 2014 and we really liked it and could have stayed for longer than our two nights. It is not so special for the wild animals that wander by, which were mostly guinea fowl while we were there, but the landscape is impressive, the place very tranquil and the ambiance of the property is far more welcoming and attractive than many we visited. The rooms are airy and large,with a simple en-suite. The food is good - varied, eaten together with all guests and very well prepared. And our host was so helpful; she gave us lifts, showed us how to get the best out of the area and catered for our needs (I am gluten free, so had to pass up the lovely homemade bread, but she prepared a kind of local polenta for me) with a very pleasant manner. She is fluent in German and English. I can highly recommend a visit if you are in the Windhoek area and looking for an alternative to staying in town. It is not close to the city, but it is close enough to get back for an early flight and so on.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends