All reviews pleasant place centre of town walking distance klein windhoek joe's beerhouse short stay first night fridge namibia taxis television safari
Reviewed May 4, 2018

We stayed at the Pension Uhland on both ends of an eleven day Namibia safari. I was mildly nervous about choosing the Uhland Hotel as the price was cheaper than others. No need to worry. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choices and eggs prepared to order.
The staff were irreverent and good natured, helping with reservations and taxis as well as keeping the mood light.
The bar was an honour system, help yourself fridge in the office. The pool was small but refreshing. Guests could avail themselves of decently priced lunch or dinner in the dining room.
This is a two story facility with no elevator. However there is always a staff person around to haul suitcases up or down the stairs.
A very friendly, pleasant place.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jürgen R, Inhaber at Hotel Pension Uhland, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Thanks a lot for your nice comment! Great to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us.

Reviewed May 2, 2018

Guesthouse is convenient, rooms large and staff very helpful and friendly. Prices are good and they have drinks and snacks you can buy to take to your room. The internet was OK but not great. Location is convenient to main shopping area and resturaunts.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi Gary
Thanks a lot for your nice comment!
Very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 21, 2018

Not good value for money. Great central location but at N$800 per night accommodation only I would expect much more.
Threadbare sheets (polyester!!!), curtains that don't cover Windows, outdated decor, looks kinda seedy.
Good secure parking. Very friendly receptionist.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay there again.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Thank Christine Louis... B

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed our first night on Monday and had such a good stay came back for two more nights with our son and a friend. All the staff we dealt with were extremely helpful and friendly. Rauna, Chantelle and Charmaine were all excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel for convenience, and good service. Great value for money. The breakfast is served by two cheerful ladies and the cheese and cold meats are great. Time to give this place more stars...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
jrannersmann, Inhaber at Hotel Pension Uhland, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Mandy
Thanks so much for your nice comment, we are looking forward to welcoming you again! Best regards
Irmgard Rannersmann

Reviewed November 21, 2017

I booked this hotel for it's location within easy walking distance to town.
I stayed before and after a safari. The staff went out of their way to help, even when I made my booking. I was impressed they offer a Snack type evening meal. My first room was a bit run down (7), but I liked the balcony. It was clean and I had a very comfortable night, as well on my second night.
Breakfast offers a good choice and one can order freshly cooked eggs!
They organised my airport transfers and it worked well.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Suedfrucht
Thanks for your feedback, its much appreciated!
See you again at you next stay in Windhoek
Irmgard