See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I planned to stay here for one night when passing through Kampala but ended up staying another night on my way back through too. The accommodation itself is basic and as others have said due to the central location it is very loud if you get a room on the road side (worth requesting a quieter room if possible). However, what makes this place special is the exceptional helpfulness of the staff. They are more than willing to help with whatever questions or requests you have. The breakfast is also delicious and filling too (plate of fruit followed by 2 slices of toast and eggs with tea and coffee). The hotel is also above a taxi company which the staff are able to arrange travel with for you. Check out is at 10am but they kindly agreed to hold our bags for us during the day so we could walk around.

Thank you hotel city square staff - your hard work does not go unnoticed!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Average facilities with a small restaurant below. Not super clean but not dirty on the other hand. Very noisy although that's to be expected when sleeping in the centre of Kampala. The location is thus excellent and the breakfast above average, especially for Ugandan standards. Overall we found it a more than acceptable place to stay in Kampala on a budget for 1 night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2017

This was my second time staying here. You cannot beat the central location & price.
As a solo female traveller it was a great base for me to move about Kampala on my own. The rooms are clean & showers hot. Mosquito net did fully cover the bed - I put on repellent to go to bed. Wifi was always strong. Yes, the rooms are incredibly noisy with street traffic, music all hours of the night, & the muslim call to prayer but noise does not bother me & I slept just fine without earplugs.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2017

Clean, simple room. TV/phone didn't work, but fan did.
Great price/location and very friendly staff. Nice breakfast served and there's a restaurant downstairs. Avoid room 211 as it fronts Kampala Road and is noisy.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Kampala is a noisy city so imagine staying anywhere in the centre is going to be noisy. Didn't bother me at all. Super friendly and efficient staff. Huge balcony overlooking city and hills which was lovely and cool and a great place to sit and plan our trip. Easy walking distance to lots of restaurants. Wifi and great breakfasts.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends