All reviews the club lounge an upgrade bit dated business trip executive room nice pool enjoyed my stay gym security africa trainers weekends
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

A really wonderful hotel. When you step into the lobby, you are warmly welcomed. Check-in done very quickly, luggage is loaded waiting to come up to the room.

Staff very professional and helpful.

Was very pleasantly surprised with the accommodation.
Really nice, has a nice modern feel. Great bathroom set-up. Very good lighting.

Had dinner at the hotel, best stir-fry I have eaten in a long time. Dinning service outstanding.
Breakfast great choice of options.

My transfer to the airport when I left was upgraded to a executive transfer which meant I had WiFi in the car all the way to the airport so I could work in stead of just sitting in a car for 1.30min. (The drive to or from the airport in Entebbe to Kampala can take 2 or 3 hrs depending on traffic). So the WiFi was a nice touch.

Would recommen this property to anyone wishing to stay in Kampala for business or leisure.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
SheratonKampala_PR, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Kampala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. The entire management and staff are pleased with your positive remarks and will continue working to provide every guest the experience they deserve.

Thank you once again and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Kampala.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

I was at the hotel at a very dramatic time with the Presidents of S. Korea and Turkey visiting the city and their huge entourages filling up all the hotels. I was lucky to get a room in any major hotel and ended up at The Kampala Sheraton for half my mission period. My room was on the 11th floor with an amazing view. The bathroom was nice. I enjoyed bubble baths everyday. The mattress, however, for an unknown reason, was not great. In all fairness my colleague did not have the same experience but mine sank and my back hurt. The balcony is no more than 2 feet - useless really. In general, the room is adequate.
The gym is very nice! I caught some Zumba and allied dance fitness classes. Loved them. Kudos to the two trainers. I also met the reigning World Boxing Federation Light Heavyweight Champ (I have a selfie with him too!). He trains there. The ventilation in the studio was not good and the room quickly became stuffy, airless and hot. It took a lot of self restraint not to break one of the sealed glass walls. The swimming pool looked very nice.
The gardens are famously lovely - a must-visit.
The breakfast was very good. All the items that one would like was available. I must say that a certain waiter was exceptional. I called him "Daktari". This gentleman noticed that my voice has changed slightly as I was just on the verge of coming down with a sore throat - and this was the worst possible time because I was on a very busy mission. He prescribed a strong dawa tea and gave me an extra cup to carry to the office everyday. It was his own initiative. I did not deteriorate and fully recovered in 3 days. I am very grateful.
Equator Bar was very nice with a bit of an English pub vibe! Great music and good food. There is a serious disco there in the weekends.
Paradise Grill is very nice. One just has to dress warmly because there can be a very strong biting cold wind there even on a hot day. The food was great and the evening live bands very very good.
There were other pastry cafes and such. Very nice places.
All in all the Sheraton is a busy place with loads of people moving around. It is not a quiet hotel - not terrible at all but not quiet. It is what it is.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2016

This hotel has excellent service and good food. The décor could do with some updating. They have large grounds with a nice pool. The problem is that there is a very noisy disco, and if you have a garden view room, you simply won't get any sleep until 3 am. Every night. Well, maybe not Sunday going into Monday. I feel badly for the hotel because there is simply nothing they can do about the noise because the disco is owned by some powerful dude who is accountable to no-one. Real sad.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the front, not the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
SheratonKampala_PR, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Kampala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your sentiments and feedback. As you rightly mentioned there is a huge challenge with the noise from the bar across from us however there is reason to believe that this issue will be addressed in the near future an eliminate the noise pollution we have endured for years.

With that said, we thank you for the positive feedback and will continue working to ensure we maintain elements that are within our control like the service and professionalism of our staff.

Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Well placed and nicely equipped, this Kampala Sheraton is showing a little bit its age.
Rooms are big, but equipment and decoration start to show some wrinkles.
Bathrooms looks my grandma's one...
Price a little bit too high compared to the quality offered.

One really positive surprise: breakfast. Rich and tasty.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2016

Allthough i can agree that the hotel is getting old, the service is still at premium level.
Mainly in the outdoor areas pool and and restaurant area, you see and feel a renovation will be required one of the coming years.
The rooms are still at standard in my view.
But like said the service is GREAT.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
SheratonKampala_PR, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Kampala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the service you received and acknowledge the need for some sprucing up in various areas which we can assure you is being worked on.

Thank you staying at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel and we look forward to your continued patronage.