“Nice place with beautiful views but unprofessional and rude staff”

Garuga Resort Beach Hotel
Ranked #35 of 210 Kampala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Went on a Sunday with a group of 20 people for a picnic, the so called lady at reception REBECCA the manager rude, unprofessional and misbehaving was the worst manager I have ever seen in my life. They charge a fee of 10,000UGX per person which is very much unfair as compared to others beaches in entebbe to be the fact that it is way inside from the main road, we tried to talk to the lady but she refused each and every request of our request she couldn't even allow the kids of 3 years to use the swimming pool. There was no professional manager around at the resort to listen to our problem and we were told by the lady that I am the only one incharge of this place. Looks like they don't their customers to come back by showing this kind of rude attitude and unprofessional hospitality. I will never visit the place again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Garuga Resort Beach Hotel

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

I and my partner had a lovely time at Garuga resort beach hotel.
The management gave us the best hospitality than we could ever think of.
They are so good with time keeping, communication not to forget that they will do all they can just to make you happy yet very professional.
There is more than privacy from the environment and workers, very calm and so peaceful.

After spending a week there, we already miss the place already. I can say we were treated like King and Queen. We shall definitely go back and I strongly recommend that you visit you will not regret your time at Garuga Resort Beach Hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

I really appreciate the management and the services. The place and people(management) so calm and always on time whenever needed something. Got our drinks in time thou we were almost in lake. Wow c u.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kansiime
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Garuga resort is one of the resorts with most astonishing views and sorrounded with nature. Mt stay at the resort was so peaceful cause i was really cared for by the service staff. oooh my i can't explain the sound of the water waves they are really interesting. INDEED ITS A PLACE TO BE VISITED

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I visited garuga on 2nd August and we were check - in room B5 which had a very good view to the lake that will make me never forget with that sound of the waves. On top of that the staffs were so friendly and caring and the food was so nice. To be honest I can never get tired of visiting this place

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PRISPERSE
Reviewed 17 July 2016

The location and grounds are very nice with a lovely beach. It seems that the owner has forgotten the place though because the staff do not care at all about their guests. My room had not been cleaned. In fact, there was a trash can with used feminine pads left in the room. I complained to the manager and she called me a liar and no one ever came to resolve the problem. The manager came knocking at my door at 7am. I told her through the door that I was still sleeping but she continued to knock on my door despite me asking her to leave several times. I was looking forward to sleeping in, but she continued to knock until I went to the door. She said she wanted to apologize. It was very apparent that her shift was over and she was instructed to apologize before she left. Instead of waiting until our breakfast, she repeatedly knocked on my door at 7am. None of the rooms had towels when we arrived. We asked for towels three times before they brought us two towels for 4 rooms and 8 guests. The drinks smelled as though fish had been stored on top of them and were not drinkable. When we asked for a bottle of water, the bartender acted as though we put him out. He stared at us for a while before putting down his cell phone, huffing and getting the water. Breakfast was advertised to be from 8-10am. We ate at about 9am and told the waitress asked if everyone had eaten. We told her that we had one more person that was on her way to breakfast. She arrived at 9:30 and ordered her breakfast. After 20 minutes, her breakfast still had not arrived. We asked the waitress and she told us that the cook had gone home. The grounds are also overrun with spiders. There are spiders and webs in every bush and tree on the place. Seriously, I would avoid this place at all costs. The staff and management do not care about you. It is too bad because it is a very beautiful place!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
GarugaResort, Manager at Garuga Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

It is true that we hosted Klint as guest and appreciate his comments although we have reservations on the comments he displayed. The room that was allocated was clean and its our policy to have a supervisor check the rooms after housekeeping. We do allocations of rooms prior to guest arrival. Your allocated room was B2 but erroneously you were allocated room A2 that was clean but not okayed for allocation prior to housekeeping supervisor. When you complained, you were requested for a room change which you objected. The Manager attempted to apologise the error to you but you objected to listen at all.

On the issues of towels, these were issued to you and clearly indicates that the room was not supposedly for allocation but the error made by the receptionist. We continue to apologise for this.

Our breakfast was a buffet and not alcarte. Its absolutely untrue that your friend waited for 20 minutes and he was told that the Chef had gone home. This was a buffet and it did not require waiting.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

I was with my friend day out at this resort. The resort was near to lake good view from the restaurant. Great food with excellent service .we enjoyed our day. We will would like to come and enjoy this place near future.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mike m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kampala
2Friends Beach Hotel
Kampala Serena Hotel
#2 of 104 in Kampala
Speke Resort and Conference Centre
Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort

Been to Garuga Resort Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!