“Great Spot !”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was a great restaurant with a very casual and unique atmosphere. On a spacious lawn are chairs, couches and benches around small camp fires. We were a party of 8 and the staff accomodated us by pulling various couches and tables around a nicely burning fire and we had several rounds of drinks there while the staff would attend to the fire. Then we moved to a table and had an outstanding meal. The staff were most accomodating to dietary issues. I am gluten free and they were able to work with me in preparing a great meal. One caution is that they do not accept credit cards and so bring cash!

1  Thank MetsNYC

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I went to the Bay after reading the reviews listed below. What a peaceful, relaxed setting nestled on the edge of Lake Victoria. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. We had our drinks around a small fire on the lawn and then moved to a table for our starters and our meal. The fish cakes I had were superb and the burgers were as good as advertised. The rum fried bananas with ice cream are a must for dessert. It felt like camping with good friends, just enjoying the fire, the view, the cool lake breeze, and the fine food in such a peaceful setting. It will be on my list to take visitors from out of town. My friend from New York, a first-timer to Uganda, absolutely loved it.

1  Thank Patrickcsc
Reviewed 30 May 2013

If you are looking for the perfect spot for recreation or a date this is the place. The staff is very nice, the food as well..try their burger! It beats the ones I have had in Sweden by far. After the sun have set over the beautiful Lake Victoria they light bonfires where you can sit and enjoy a drink and listen to the animal sounds...Amazing! I will defininately come back here.
It is situated "next door" to the big resort in Mynonyo and not too hard to find. Also their nice Jack Russell pair, Tusker and Bell(named after the local beers!)will greet you in a friendly way. :)

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Had the perfect late lunch at the Bay Bistro. The setting, on the shores of Lake Victoria, is beautiful. I imagine it is a nice place for dinner, with lanterns and fire pits, but I think most pleasant in the day. But most importantly, come here for the excellent food. It is on the expensive side, but in my opinion very much worth it. We had the deluxe burger, and it was fantastic, the best burger I have had in Uganda hands-down. The fish cakes were also excellent. I wish I could have tried every item on the menu! Highly recommended, I will be back frequently, despite its somewhat out-of-the way location.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I came here with my mother and it was a unique and beautiful experience.
First we enjoyed the sunset over Lake Victoria accompanied by a delicious starter.
We met some new friends and enjoyed our dinner with them. After dinner we sat down
by one of the three fires under the starlit sky and enjoyed a very nice bottle of wine.

What else can you ask for! :)