“Beautiful location and great food”
Review of The Bay Bistro

The Bay Bistro
Ranked #222 of 304 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I live in Uganda and i heard a lot about this place so after a hectic day in Kampala i decided to try The Bay restaurant in Munyonyo. Its location is just amazing with only a short drive from Kampala city center with a big beautiful garden overlooking the lake. Its quiet and tranquil setting give you an fantastic and relaxed atmosphere. The food is great and they have the best burgers i have eaten in Uganda. I highly recommend this place and i have found my favorite restaurant in Uganda.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spend two Sunday afternoon's relaxing at The Bay. Amazing place. Do think that the prices are a bit on the high side (that's why I only give it four stars), but maybe that's what you get for such a lovely place. Restaurant has a great terrace but the best are the seats in the large garden, overlooking the lake. When it gets dark they make you a fire, how romantic? Try the burger, its great!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was a great restaurant with a very casual and unique atmosphere. On a spacious lawn are chairs, couches and benches around small camp fires. We were a party of 8 and the staff accomodated us by pulling various couches and tables around a nicely burning fire and we had several rounds of drinks there while the staff would attend to the fire. Then we moved to a table and had an outstanding meal. The staff were most accomodating to dietary issues. I am gluten free and they were able to work with me in preparing a great meal. One caution is that they do not accept credit cards and so bring cash!

1  Thank MetsNYC
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I went to the Bay after reading the reviews listed below. What a peaceful, relaxed setting nestled on the edge of Lake Victoria. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. We had our drinks around a small fire on the lawn and then moved to a table for our starters and our meal. The fish cakes I had were superb and the burgers were as good as advertised. The rum fried bananas with ice cream are a must for dessert. It felt like camping with good friends, just enjoying the fire, the view, the cool lake breeze, and the fine food in such a peaceful setting. It will be on my list to take visitors from out of town. My friend from New York, a first-timer to Uganda, absolutely loved it.

1  Thank Patrickcsc
Reviewed 30 May 2013

If you are looking for the perfect spot for recreation or a date this is the place. The staff is very nice, the food as well..try their burger! It beats the ones I have had in Sweden by far. After the sun have set over the beautiful Lake Victoria they light bonfires where you can sit and enjoy a drink and listen to the animal sounds...Amazing! I will defininately come back here.
It is situated "next door" to the big resort in Mynonyo and not too hard to find. Also their nice Jack Russell pair, Tusker and Bell(named after the local beers!)will greet you in a friendly way. :)