Royal Suites(Kampala)
US$163
US$124
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Cassia Lodge(Kampala)
US$46
Agoda.com
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

US$85
US$217
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$655
US$217
All reviewslakes restaurantleading hotels of the worldthe pearlfive star hotelwonderful hoteleast africamain gatebusiness centerbeautiful groundsbusiness triproom servicebusy citybreakfast buffetairport transfermain restaurantan oasisthe food is great
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

The hotel offers a very relaxed and well kept atmosphere with very attentive staff. I travel quite a bit and can say my stay at the Serena was one of the nicer ones. The rooms are well kept and very clean (like most things in Kampala). Would definitely come again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear Feriengeniesser21,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your last stay with us and for sharing this glowing review. It is an absolute honor for our guests to hold us in such high regard.

I am also very delighted to hear that our staff made you feel at home and I am certain that they equally enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay because we do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.

I will be sure to let them all know how much of an impact they made on your experience.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Anthony Chege.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

The Serena is lovely, but it comes at a cost. The place isn't cheap. But over $200 a night gets you nice things like: the most comfortable memory foam pillow I've ever slept on; a loofah sponge; a basket of fruit; a huge room; fast and free wifi; free soft drinks, water and juice in the mini bar; a lavish (and reasonably tasty) breakfast buffet; top-notch service; a convenient location; beautiful grounds; etc. The hotel also has a very nice, reasonably priced spa, Maisha, where I had a great deep tissue massage. The only negative experience that I had is that the fridge/mini bar in my room wasn't working at all. They did repair it once I notified them of the problem, but it still wasn't very cold (not cold enough to safely preserve food). If you can afford it, treat yourself to the Serena.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2018

We have stayed here on many occasions and contuse to have more booking lined up. We work in the Southwest of Uganda and when we have to travel for Kampala stay here anytime they offer a special rate. The rooms are well appointed with nice bathrooms (very strong showers) and mostly good views (except on the most recent stay had a view of the parking lot). The included breakfast is the best spread in Uganda by far. The pastries are decent and there is a huge selection including smoked salmon (a rarity in Uganda) and and egg/waffle/pancake station. Service is excellent and professional. They always try to accommodate us as best as they possibly can. The Wifi service is fairly reliable and available in the rooms. Bar and lobby are good for meeting and drinks.

The outdoor pool deserves special mention. There is none better anywhere. We have spent more than one afternoon poolside decompressing from the pressures of work.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wonderlust_dude
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

In keeping with serena traditions, the kampala Serena remains the epitome of Excellency in the capital .The dining experience is very predictable and as always it did not disappoint with spread and service

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

A first class experience by any standard! Wonderfully spacious rooms (especially in the new wing) and the level of customer service is excellent throughout! The rooms are immaculately clean and very quiet where I was. The breakfast buffet selection is fantastic and when there were no mangoes one day, I actually had someone go back into the kitchen and get me a plate of mango! I love the garden setting in the dining area - gives you a sense of calm in busy Kampala.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business