See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 15, 2017

I myself in life have been a marketing man in very many hotel and worldwide.
But this hotel is beyond all limits.
If you are alone correspondence look. The Manager is not able to write a normal letter.
It is not possible to tell who has written this mail. No personal salutation or a name where you can recognize ..ah there is the hotel ...... And we are talking here about the manager who is also the son of the owner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you think about this????? I better here no answer no comment
So you can then imagine what the hotel has for service.
There are many ways for a hotel to come to broken economies.
This hotel is unique and no one is doing anything.
Someone should read the comments here and act on the issue!!!!!! . But no nobody read and sort the it out...... everything is the same.nothing will change with the same management if it never changed before
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MANAGEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!
CUSTOMERS BETTER CHOOSE ANOTHER HOTEL

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed December 12, 2016

This is a nice and clean place to stay in Kampala. There is a vegetablemarket on the other side of the street that is pretty noisy but that's part of the charm.
The breakfast was great and there was a powerful AC in the room.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Throughout my 2 weeks stay, I don't believe I saw another single guest here despite there being around 70 rooms in the hotel. Felt a bit weird.

Staff are great and location perfect but facilities are very limited (only ever replace one toilet roll so if you run out in the night.....). Very limited breakfast but that's probably due to the lack of guests.

Although they have WiFi it was terribly slow even when it worked ( which was not that often).

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LALJI1
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

I arrived early hours Sunday morning and no record of my booking, was given a room with a/c tv fridge. Was next to the Market so really noisy day and night, hotel was very quiet and seemed empty but they assumed me there were many other guests. WIFI was rubbish. You have to ask for everything at one point I went to reception to ask for two glasses and they proceeded to ask me to pay in advance for the week so I promptly checked out to the horror of the staff, a manager appeared and tried to get me to stay but I said I'd had enough and was going elsewhere. When I returned to my room to pack a maid had arrived suddenly to clean the room ect but unless your not fazed by very payed back service then give this one a miss. There are. Better hotels for less I found the hbt russle just of Kampala rd and it was great.
The Birag staff are nice people but they haven't got a clue about customer service.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuartm1962
Reviewed June 3, 2016

My first experience in Kampala and despite being clean and having air con (when the electricity works) the overall feel is drab, depressing and unloved. I got one patchy towel with no soap or toiletries and they call this a hotel. It is bang in the middle of Kampala in the market area and so is extremely noisy especially at 3/4am.

Staff were polite but didn't really extend themselves in any way or make much of an effort.

You owe it to yourself to find an extra 20gbp / 20 usd or 20 bananas to stay clear of this place! Be warned

Room tip: go somewhere else
Date of stay: May 2016