Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews shopping places hotel rooms are ground floor hotel management checking out travel agent breakfast spread courteous staff thimphu city tweaked market foyer dish visa banks indian veg
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very average hotel. The water pressure was poor, just a dribble of hot water in the shower. The room was clean and comfortable. It was noisy at night with a night club downstairs and dogs barking. Staff were not warm or friendly. Perhaps because they didnt speak much english or were not confident. Had to pay to use the business centre and the food was bland buffet fare. Had the best massage of my life at the Turkish Bath Spa though!

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in October; Saturday and Sunday night. It was terribly noisy in the streets on Saturday night until about 4am in the morning, presumably youngsters were out partying. Didn't get much sleep. But Sunday night was quiet, and we all slept very well.

We had 2 rooms side-by-side for our family. One of the rooms were passable, but the other was in need of some renovation. Paints were peeling off the walls and ceiling; shower curtain was dirty. So check the rooms first before you take them. On the plus side, the beds were surprisingly comfortable.

We had 1 dinner and 2 breakfast in the hotel. The food was actually quite decent; no complains. Service staff at the restaurant were also quite attentive. We had to pay 300 Nu for wireless internet access, but was difficult to get a signal in the rooms. So we sat in the cold lobby when we wanted to use it.

Location-wise, it was only 15 minutes walk from the center of town. Overall, the noise was the biggest problem. It would otherwise have been fine.

Room tip: Go look at the rooms first because they appear to differ greatly in standard. Ask for one that is as far from the side-street as possible, especially if it is the weekend, due to noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My room was just average. There was lots of noise from the building next door until about 11pm. WiFi did not work in all the rooms so you would have to sit in the cold lobby to receive a connection. The rooms and bathrooms were average. The shower was difficult to control the temp. The spa and beauty salon are located on the ground floor in a very strange, creepy area. They did not seem to be getting any business.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were a family of 2 adults and 2 children and got a very spacious room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed. The rooms very new and clean. The bathroom spacious, fresh and clean. Great location in the city centre so great to just go for a walk around town. There is a lift. Restaurant clean with basic good food in abundance. Staff very nice and helpful.

The cons are: we did not get any mineral water bottles in the rooms as with the other hotels. Its not much but would have been a nice little treat. The TV was tiny and the TV-reception bad.

All-in-all would definitely return to this hotel and also recommend it...unless you want to splash out with lots of $$$$$ for the 5-star Taj...which plays in a totally different league...

Room tip: We stayed in room 318.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank UyenW
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My first impression of this hotel was that it was grander than I had expected (I have to admit my expecatations were quite low). Check-in was easy and my room and bathroom were a good size. But I could hardly sleep the first night because it was so noisy; I could hear people talk and laugh in the streets into the early hours of the morning (probably because it was the tsechu). I was switched to a room on a higher floor after complaining, and my second night was much better. The amenities in the room are basic but adequate. The hotel staff are quite responsive, and the buffet meals are decent. I had to check out very early, and the staff made a special effort to send up bread and fruit for breakfast the night before, which was really nice of them. My one issue with this hotel is the relatively high cost of wifi (300 Ngultrum); it's fine for a long stay, but pretty hefty if you're there for just a night or two. The receptonist who checked me in didn't seem to know there was a charge and freely provided the password; however, on my second day there, another receptionist told me of the cost.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, on the corridor closer to the stairs.
Date of stay: September 2012