All reviews boutique hotel home away from home lounge area hot water the hustle and bustle central thamel an oasis location is great rooms are clean internet connection peaceful place small hotel kathmandu guest house no lift deluxe room tourist area agh
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Absolutely no regrets staying at AGH. Very comfortable rooms, cable tv, clean toilets with 24hrs hot shower, delicious breakfast in a pretty little garden, good service and great location. Everything you need is literally at your doorstep (main shopping street, supermarket, restaurants, travel adventure agencies, The Last Resort / Borderlands office etc).

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank MissyScuba
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I don't want to talk about the room already cuz they are highly valuable to the price, the only problem is a lil bit noisy which is the problem for all hotels in Thamel as well.

The stuffs there are not only friendly, u can trust them even as ur family. I felt uncomfortable at the 3rd day after I arrived in Kat, the staff made me the special dinner and found a doctor for me, after that all the staffs asked my body condition and told me to take care, their care was really nice for me who traveled alone in that country.

I believe I will go there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Kathmandu was the last leg of our three-week tour in Asia (China, India, Nepal). In the previous few weeks, we had stayed at top-notch luxury hotels where we were treated like royalty and four-star hotels that were really two-star in every aspect (if that). I wasn't sure what to expect of this boutique hotel in Thamel before we arrived. Nonetheless, we were pleasantly surprised by its charm and comfort. We thought it felt like a warm Nepali home. We absolutely loved the garden patio, the breakfasts, and the friendliness and hospitality of the owner and staff. The least positive aspect of the hotel was the bathroom facilities (shower and toilet) -- they were not what we were used to but completely adequate and acceptable. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you, AGH!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonia B
Reviewed November 17, 2011

we got a luxurious room, which faces south (faces the street, good point is sunshine, bad point is noise--a few disco, bars nearby, if you are light sleeper, please choose the other side, anyhow, during our 3 nights stay, outside becomes quieter after 11:00pm. ).

it is a small and modern hotel,room is big, bathroom is in very good condition, LCD TV, DVD machine (they even put some DVD moves in the rooms) , a small fridge, AC, a nice welcome gift which include fruit and mineral water( fruit is expensive in nepal, they sold piece by piece--except banana- for example, Local RS 50 for one orange!), generally speaking, it is a professional hotel.

Breakfast is good, have different choices, need order (is not buffet-- which I think it is good), our room rate includes breakfast, which equal RS 350/person.

owner is very kind and honest as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank vionashi
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and didn't want to leave! It was right in the heart of Thamel and the staff were very friendly. I didn't really like the breakfast but I'm a fussy eater. I'd recommend this to people of all ages. It has a beautiful and peaceful courtyard

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple