All reviews boutique hotel home away from home lounge area hot water the hustle and bustle central thamel an oasis location is great rooms are clean internet connection peaceful place small hotel kathmandu guest house no lift deluxe room tourist area agh
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have no idea what a boutique hotel is, but the descripion did seem to fit this place. I really liked it, stayed for three nights, then went trekking then another three nights. The room was lovely, the staff were brilliant and very helpful (especially the breakfast waiter), it just seemed very tranquil before you step out into the madness that is Thamel.
I even booked my trek through the crazy travel guy associated with the hotel, no matter how crazy you think he is, trust him, i got stuck at the airport when my flight got cancelled, and he sorted a change of flight (twice) and change of destination out for me.
Only downside, it was not cheap, there appearred to be cheaper hotels of similar setup in Thamel. It was off season but the prices seemed high season. But I didn't stay at any of the other hotels and I shouldn't gripe too much becasue it really was a great stay.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ean C
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My friends and I stayed 4 nights and we were extremely happy with our choice. A very beautiful boutique hotel with amazing staff. Room comes with wifi access, complimentary fruit and drinks (from bar fridge). Free morning paper as well. Location is right in the heart of Thamel. As electricity cuts are common in Kathmandu, this hotel has their own power generator so you are assured of hot water and electricity 24/7. The day and night managers gave us the feeling of being at home. On our last night, we were given complimentary dinner - Nepali cuisine. It was really an enjoyable stay for us and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with elderly, request for rooms on level 1 as there is no elevator. The hotel owner has his own travel/ trekking shop which is conveniently located within the hotel premise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Azhar_Ali11
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights. Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean, rooms nicely decorated, just not too spacious according to our standards. Great inner yard, breakfast ok. Plus, free fruits, free newspaper in english. No elevator. Best location, right in the heart of the Thamel where all the bars and tourist shops are. Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NataliaEfebrua
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Based on the great reviews on Tripadvsor, I booked this hotel and stayed there for 2 nights on 11-13 August 2012 with my friends. We all loved it!! When we arrived, the Night Manager gave us a warm welcome and spent some time with us at the living room/lobby, telling us stories about the hotel (used to be the residence of the ambassador), and the local culture. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was served at the lovely garden terrace and with good portion! There was nothing to complain about this hotel. I would not even consider other hotels if I visit Kathmandu again. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mandy_ws_Chan
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was my first visit to Kathmandu with my wife and my 2 year old son and had checked in a different hotel and realized that power failure was a big problem in the city. The next day we checked in at the AGH. They boast truely about the power backup and the beauty of the hotel. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. It is located at the heart of Thamel and has some good restaurants and decent department stores around. We had a very pleasant stay of about 6 days.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family