All reviewsboutique hotelhome away from homelounge areahot waterthe hustle and bustlecentral thamelan oasislocation is greatrooms are cleaninternet connectionpeaceful placesmall hotelkathmandu guest houseno liftdeluxe roomtourist areaagh
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ambassador Garden Home for 2 nights in Jan 2013. From beginning to end, we were completely floored with the warmth, and hospitality that we received at every turn at the hotel. Our room was very comfortable with some very personal touches like fresh fruit being put in our room each day. Even though it was cold outside, our room was quite warm--also, having 24 hour access to hot water is something we definitely appreciated! We got the 2 night package, which we would highly recommend, especially for people with tight schedules wanting to see a lot of Kathmandu and surrounding areas. We opted for the sunrise tour to Nagarkot as part of our package, which also included a visit to Bhaktapur. Although the package was really for 8 hours, Prakash (the owner) was kind enough to get us keep the driver and car for 2-3 extra hours at no additional charge. The breakfast and dinner at the hotel's beautiful garden restaurant are very filling and extremely delicious!
When we departed, Prakash gave both of us gorgeous farewell scarves. That in itself was (to my mind) an extremely nice gesture--I am from India and my husband is American and neither of us had experienced such amazing hospitality anywhere before. We will definitely come back to Kathmandu in the future, for a longer trip and will stay at this hotel. Highly recommended!

1  Thank blue_doodles
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed here twice during January 2013, we spent 3 nights in Kathmandu then went to Pokhara and came back to Kathmandu to stay one more night. All 4 nights were met with fantastic service, good food and free upgrades twice!

My partner and I were upgraded for 3 nights first off, the room was great value for 60-70$ (TV, wifi, free breakfast, great service, maps/tours).

The second time we stayed we were upgraded again, to the super deluxe room. The staff were always going out of the way to provide great service, such as asking about our trip to Pokhara and actually appeared interested, as it seemed they really enjoyed providing service.

If you want to stay in the heart of Thamel, access to good facilities, sound advice for activities in Kathmandu and great service then stay here.

Room Tip: Go all out and choose the best room, it costs a little extra but well worth it.
2  Thank jack c
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the first time I have written a review but this hotel was so good, I felt like I had to. I chose the Ambassador Garden Home because of the reviews I had read on trip adviser and I have to say I agree with all of them.
From my initial emails making the booking the guys at this hotel were great. On check in they were attentive and helpful, breakfast was vast and the guys in the kitchen so kind and polite. We left our luggage with them when we went kayaking and camping and on return were upgraded!
We were flying back at 9pm and asked to check out later and they allowed us to stay until 2pm with no additional charge.
I thoroughly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the duluxe room facing the garden its quieter.
1  Thank sophie h
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Long due review of a wonderful and friendly Hotel we visited back in October 2011.

Prakash did a great job in handling our entire itinerary...places to visit & things to do. Everything was organised to the hilt and ensured service was well and truly taken care of. We did have issues with internal flights due to bad weather and Prakash ensured that we were refunded in full from the Travel agency.

Trustworthy, great location & access and top it all with Wonderful Nepalese hospitality.

Room Tip: - Rooms facing the garden and courtyard are quieter and will help in your sanity to sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our son (24) and we spent 5 nights here after a 7 day trip to Bhutan. Everything about the AGH was wonderful - clean, very kind and happy staff, extra care and concern for both my son and husband who - on separate days - suffered from a small bout of some bug or another (I had mine in bhutan). Lots of amenities as well....welcome drinks, fruit basket, bottled water and hot tea daily...internet connection as well as two computers in the lobby for guest use.
We booked day tours through the hotel and received an excellent guide and driver.
And, contrary to other reviews, we thought the included breakfast was really quite good (we travel a lot and do not always find such consistent good food). Spring for the coconut pancake for another $2...well worth the treat!
As long term guests, the owner even invited us to a delicious complimentary dinner on our last evening. The food was great and the gesture was lovely. If only all of us had felt up to enjoying it fully!!
We would happily recommend the AGH to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family