Kathmandu Boutique Hotel(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$21
US$41
US$37
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$22
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$25/night.

Hotel Amaryllis(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$19
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$27
US$26
Blue Mountain Homestay(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$12
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Family Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$12
US$11
US$110
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in Oct 2009. We booked on the internet and were very disapointed when we got there. We were collected from the airport which was a great bonus bu the hotel was very dark and cold. The running water wasnt hot and I think we had the WORST pillow I have ever had. I think it was made of elephant hair wrapped aroung a boulder!!!!! We planned on returning to this hotel following a trip to Chitwan but changed our minds after just one night there. Thank goodness we hadnt paid for all of the stay. Like I say- you get what you pay for but it wasnt the cheapest on the net it just looked ok.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here several nights during our stay in Nepal and grew to have sort of a love/hate relationship with this place! This place has a lot of potential, and if it had a manager that actually cared about the place, it could be a great hotel, due to it's great location in Thamel and due to it's balcony rooms (which were the only reason we stayed here multiple nights). My husband and I loved to relax on the balcony and watch the life of the locals who were often out on their rooftops. We also found that we had free Wi-Fi whether it was from the hotel or the Weizen Bakery below, I am not sure, but it worked great.
Our favorite room was #406. We discovered the rooms vary considerably so before agreeing to any price be sure to check the room and also be sure to agree in advance if this includes the taxes. There are many things this hotel could improve upon. For example the cleanliness of the room. Thamel is very dusty and so are the rooms. I paid the housekeeper extra to re-clean and vacuum the room, when I noticed the poor lady was working with archaic, outdated' ancient machine that made lots of noise but picked up nothing (note to Management: Get a new vacuum cleaner). The fan which we needed to drown out the noise had thick layers of black dust which we cleaned off ourselves. The fan was also broken and when we asked one of the workers if he could fix it, he asked my husband if he had a screwdriver. My husband spliced together the wires himself and we had a working fan. They also need to replace that dust-mite filled carpet with linoleum or tile. The worst thing about this hotel is one of the worker's at the front desk. He was all friendly when he thought he could try to sell us a tour, but once we decided on not taking their highly overpriced tour to Chitwan, the friendliness was gone. In fact my husband carried down a bag we were wanting to leave in the luggage room, but the desk clerk was busy on Facebook and told my husband "in the morning" and went back to his Facebook chats. So my husband had to lug the bag back up 4 flights of stairs. Of course Mr Facebook couldn't be aroused in the morning, and we forced to leave the back with the security guard who spoke no English. Our bag did end up in the luggage room and our belongings were fine. The balcony was great for our first time in Nepal, and I am glad we stayed here, although I am not sure I would do it again!

Room Tip: #406 has a comfortable mattress and a nice balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here because bad weather and cancelled flights meant booked hotel could not accommodate us. Room recently painted. Needs more. TV not working. Bed uncomfortably terrible. Carpet treadbare. Bathroom dirty. Toilet seat broken. Breakfast adequate. If booked hotel was not able to accommodate us we would have not stayed another night.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieJohn101
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The worst I have experienced in my entire live! The hotel has been moved, first of all. Address on my booking is different from it's current location which is in Thamel now. Unfriendly staffs who refused to give us a towel on Diwali reason being no one is delivering towel that day!

Ugly room, smelly carpet, leaking basin, cracked tiles, power points and mirror, stained toilet bowl, spider webbed window, and cockroaches for god sake! More than 10 baby cockroaches crawled out from the cracked tiles in the bath room, more came from the wooden cupboard on top of a huge dead on lying on the carpet....and finally, one on the bed sheet! That was my last take...

On top of all this, the aircon worked amazingly which a guy has to come to your room, plug in the half hanging wire into the plug, with some sparks. So if you want to switch it off, you are expected to do the same! The shared balcony provided no view, not to mention Kathmandu view, you can look into the neighborhood hanging their clothes or taking a shower!

I packed and went downstairs to check out at 11pm, the duty manager stared at me but asked nothing! I told him the reason, he didn't seem apologetic but just opened the gate and let us go!

What a irresponsible hotelier who bring the hospitality industry in Nepal to shame!

Please stay out from this smelly, unhygienic, unfriendly, cockroaches filled hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank EvaTravelTheWorld
Reviewed October 23, 2011

i and 2 of my friends travels in Nepal. we had a great time in Nepal mostly in mountain. i found Hotel Kathmandu view is the best place 2 spend some days in Kathmandu. the hotel staff are excellent. there was 24 hour hot and cold water. the trip which organised by the hotel travel desk was fantastic. so I highly recommended this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends