All reviewsannex buildingomelette stationstaff was friendly and helpfulshopping districtfront gateseparate occasionsthe upper floorswifi signaltourist shopsmoney exchangechaotic citysecurity guardbreakfast was excellenteverest base camp trekthird floorthe air conditioningthe hotel offers
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

The Hotel Marshyangdi is wonderful in every way. I great location in Kathmandu with a beautiful lobby, reception area, rooms, bar, dining room and -my favorite place-the outdoor terrace dining area. I am particularly impressed with the well informed, helpful, attentive and genuinely friendly staff. I stayed 4 days and by the end the front desk, bell staff and restaurant staff knew my name and would greet me every day. The complimentary breakfast is delicious with an omelette station and the evening menu and service are excellent as well. I highly highly recommend this hotel and found the rooms to be very quaint and well appointed and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Hotel Marshyangdi for 2 nights. Bright and colourful flowers greeted me at the entrance of the hotel. It's a lovely sight. The hotel is about 45-60 mins away from the airport, depending on the traffic.

I felt pretty safe as the hotel is being protected by guards 24/7. Well it's the Land of the Gurkhas, right...

The hotel lobby have comfortable sofas and they are pretty cosy. Check in was also a breeze.

The room is pretty spacious and the bed is quite comfortable. I had 2 goods nights of sleep to recover from my 13 days of trek at Annapurna. The bathroom was simple and enough.

The hotel is walking distance to Kathmandu's shopping district. If you love to shop, you'll definitely love the location of this hotel. It's very very convenient.

Breakfast was good. However the restaurant staff need to learn how to smile. I'm sure they choose the job and not being force to the job.

The hotel have good wifi coverage but the signal is the strongest at the lobby area and the signal was not so strong in the hotel room.

Overall, it was a good stay at Hotel Marshyangdi. I will definitely come back to hotel, if ever I'm back at Kathmandu.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Rooms are a little cosy but nice and comfortable. The location plays a great role in selecting a good hotel at destination which gives it a full marks and the rest will be done by the prompt service and friendly nature of staff and food they offer.

Room Tip: all are good.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Quiet and very central. The rooms are clean and spacious, everyone is very kind and ready to help. Try the kitchen for dinner, especially the buffet with local and Indian food, very tasty. Unfortunately, Wi-Fi doesn't work properly everywhere (I moved to another room for this reason) but I was there twice and last time the situation was a bit better. They can manage a car from/to airport for 10USD, quite a cushy service.

Room Tip: give a look to the room once there...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2017

Located at the start of Thamel area thus very central location. First impression fro the outside-looks good. Then when you enter the lobby-shabby and dated. Then up to the room-OMG! its a total disaster with its run down bathroom with a very unsightly long bath with the window located next to the bath area was so translucent that we had to bath with the lights out and the toilet seat was so small that it does not cover the base. We booked a Junior Suite which was really cheap thinking it was a suite thus should be good. It turned out to be a nightmare. Bedsheets were a little dirty and the bath towels smelled like mothballs with the cotton falling out from the towel as you try to wipe dry. BTW be prepared for lots of noisy pigeons from the outside of the windows. Breakfast was OK but understaffed and WiFi was unstable at times. Seriously I will not be back if I have to be in Kathmandu as a view out the window shows some newer hotels around.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple