“Everest Base Camp Trek (EBC) ”

Ammonite Adventure & Treks
Ranked #89 of 1,151 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Info Nepal Tours and Treks (P)Ltd. Government holders company. I would like to organization Trekking and Expedition in Nepal.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from doing the Everest base camp trek (end of Mar) and we had a fantastic time. Memories to last a lifetime.

When arriving in Kathmandu, you can quickly become overwhelmed with the amount of people trying to get you to sign up for a trek with their company. We met with a few of them and one was a stand out.... Rajesh. He didn't pressure us at the time. In fact we never went into the office - he emailed us information that night and we then followed up the next day.

When visiting the Ammonite Adventure office (inside the student guest house in Thamel). We were quickly won over but the knowledge and professionalism provided by Krishna and Rajesh. We slept on it, weighed up our options and ended up booking with Ammonite the next day and don't regret it at all.

From beginning to end we felt that we were taken care of, with every detail accounted for.

The 12 day trek itself was amazing and was made that much better by our great Guide Saran and porter Nima. Sure you can do the trek alone, but the benefit from having a local guide was fantastic. Not only from the safety standpoint, but the education about the area, customs and general knowledge or Nepali life was so valuable. Saran also invited us into his home where we met his family, enjoyed a meal and really felt close to the Community in Namche Bazaar . We felt honored to be with such an amazing guide.

We would highly recommend Ammonite travel to anyone looking to do EBC. Thanks guys for making our trek so memorable and "easy".

Date of experience: March 2018
Kevin O, Public Relations Manager at Ammonite Adventure & Treks, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review - it is very much appreciated. Can I ask a small favor?

We are looking for any of our customers to write a 300 - 900 word blog post about their experience. Our readers love to hear about personal accounts of others adventures.

If you are interested, you can send your post via email (ammonitenepal@gmail.com)

All reviews
"responded quickly"
"guest house"
"plane tickets"

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great trek to ABC through Ammonite! We met them on the streets of Kathmandu and they organized everything for us. They helped us rent all the gear we needed and made us feel really comfortable. We had to postpone the trek by a day because my boyfriend got sick and it was totally fine. Our guide was Jun and he was awesome! He was really funny and kept us going through the 10 day trek. The trek was an amazing experience I definitely recommend going through Ammonite!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I bought a round trip airfare to Lukla from ammoniteadventure. I was sick and had to change my departure date 5 or 6 times and Rajeesh always changed the date until I was finally well enough to go on the trek. This was done at no additional cost. Thanks Rajeesh for the great service!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We booked our flight to lukla there. Everything worked out like it was planned. We would come again.