“Best Japanese cuisine I ever had..”

Ofukuro No Aji Restaurant
Ranked #471 of 972 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese Restaurant in Thamel. One of the unique Japanese food in Thamel. All spices imported from Japan and thailand. All Raw Fish import from Thailand via Air cargo.
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

The restro was cozy with simple layout but don't let the simplicity fool you. The food was amazing, wasabi and other sauces were authentic. You should try the tempura and sushi here. Yakitori was delicious as well. With plenty of green tea and friendly staffs, it's an amazing place to be.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Authentic, delicious Japanese food in very quiet and well appointed environment.

When you enter take a look to the right and you can see the clean, well-staffed kitchen. Watch and you'll notice as soon as the hot food comes out of the skillet it goes onto the plate and a server is waiting to bring it to your table. Look for female chefs who work with a smile.

I never liked chicken livers growing up, but my friend ordered them and I ate most of his. I got a sautéed pork dish, as part of one of the fixed menus, and it was excellent. I recommend this place for affordable authentic Japanese dining.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I’m Japanese. Went to try this place because I was told it was authentic. WRONG!
Ordered oyako don and Katsu don. Blend! The cook definitely forgot to use some very important ingredients plus the quality of the pork in Katsu was horrifying. It was like chewing on leather.
Ofukuro: thumbs down!
Two stars are for the miso soup( descent). Or else I would have given a 1.
Just don’t go.

dtuladhar, Owner at Ofukuro No Aji Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your great suggestion. I my self checking everybody's comment instant and giving tips to Chef. we never heard bad complain, may be some mistake. I assure you again it wornt have problem. Please visit us and feel happy at Ofukuro no Aji.
we are very much looking forward to see you again

with best regards

Dilli Tuladhar

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Me and my friends went here for lunch during a busy hour of the day but we're still met with hot and neatly prepared yummy food that tasted authentic. I was impressed with the interior and personal greetings from the owner.
Definitely would check out if you like Japanese food.

1  Thank Jem L
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

My favourite dish here was the tofu. Feels authentic with the decorations and it’s very clean here. There are private rooms you can sit in with the Japanese doors. Decor is definitely the highlight for me. However I waited a while for my food but worth the wait!