“Wow this is good Indian food!”
Review of Western Tandoori

Western Tandoori
Ranked #18 of 801 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Western Tandoori for lunch based on the great TripAdvisor reviews. We weren't disappointed!

The food was incredible, hot, fast, and fairly inexpensive.

My kids loved watching the roti, naan, and paratha being made in the Tandoor which stands at the front entrance of the restaurant.

All of the curries we ordered were a bit too spicy for our kids so the owner brought us a less spicy paneer curry which they were ok with.

Simply put this is amazing food. The atmosphere is the opposite of pretentious. They're not trying to be fancy, but I love that when the food is this good.

My favourite dish is the paneer masala and the garlic naan is to die for.

If I lived in Kathmandu this would be a very regular lunch stop for me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We love this place as it's tucked away in a side alley. Small and cozy.. small menu but serving size was decent. Freshly made roti, naan and paratha but it was hassle free.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The dal bhaat didn't have much taste I thought but I'm not such a fan of it anyway. The Channa Massala is excellent though, and the Palak Paneer is good too. Lots of options. The place is very small but always packed with tourists for some reason; many times you are forced to share a table so it's good to meet people. The place has a nice atmosphere; friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Had the garlic naan n curry with peas n potatoes. Naan is very tasty and is very good to pair with any curry dish.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Don't be put of by the grubby appearance. This is the best local food at "Nepali street" prices. Looking forward to my 3rd visit.