See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 25, 2013

It starts out with a beautiful family owned hotel. The staff were warm, genuine and very helpful. Extremely clean and in a perfect location where you are near everything but not bothered by all the crazy Kathmandu chaos! I have traveled the city many days and stayed in 3 places, this was by far the best value and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We arrived at the Dolphin Guest House for the first time last year after completing a 23-day trek in the Khumbu Region. A bed and breakfast we originally booked was full on our return making it necessary to move locations. Just a few doors away was the Dolphin. It was like stumbling into a bit of luck. Surendra is a graceous host, extremely helpful and knowledgable. The guest house offers everything you'll need. This year Surendra arranged all of our bus connections, first to Jiri, second to Pohkara and back. Bags left in storage at the Guest House were returned untouched. You'll find the rooms clean and tidy, a shower with hot water, good complementary WiFi connections and a lovely upstairs garden to enjoy morning breakfast. To us it feels like "Home".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good hospitality
Very kind owner
Good breakfast
Very good location near all shopping places
Good beds private bathroom of you want
Very cléan place.
Staff Very helpfull and Very kind
Se stayed at dolphin guest house for two weeks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Surendra, who runs this business, makes this a very likeable and most recommendable place to stay, when you visit Kathmandu/Thamel. I flew over to Nepal on a quite spontaneous notion, could not do any planning beforehand, I basically arrived there in a tanktop and flip-flops, unaware of the low temperatures in mid december (2012). So I was in need of clothes, various stuff, a warm sleeping bag (I was going to do Vipassana Meditation in the Hills of Kathmandu). Surendra helped me a lot with all these things, provided me with a nice and affordable room, I could leave my luggage at the hotel as long as I was away for meditation, for no charge. Besides that he was incredibly friendly, and always a warm and kind person to talk to.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We (my husband and I, in the mid - fifties, from Germany) just returned from our Nepal trip and a second stay in Kathmandu, Dolphin Guest House. For the first stay, we had a double bed room with internal bathroom, very small but clean and always with hot water (which is not standard in Nepal!! At all, not in the budget hotel). Electricity is always a problem because of arbitrary cut off of power by who knows who . But there is always emergency illumination in every room an bathroom (my experience at least). When we returned to Kathmandu after two and a half week, we had a double bed room with shared bathroom - and this is the reason for one star less: I assume, that this is - in contrary to the bathrooms belonging to only one room - are not cleaned up as carefully. The quality of beds is the average nepali quality - everywhere where we stayed in hotels it was the same - so it is okay for this price.
What we liked the most:

- Mr. Joshis an his staff`extraodinary kindness who give help whenever you need it, for example, when youre looking for a hotel in another city, a bus ticket etc.
- the roof garden !!! Nice flowers, nice view (at all: you can see the golden roof of Swayambunath at night - very nice!)
- the breakfast - rolls - hmmmmmhjammmy....

Tomorrow we will try our present for breakfast - Nepali organic coffee, an we will remember the good times in Kathmandu...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family