All reviews fresh croissants great boutique arranging tours every morning quiet neighborhood good sized rooms breakfast room comfortable stay breakfast was delicious the hotel staff bed was very comfortable lots of hot water airport pickup excellent hospitality rooftop terrace amazing hotel three weeks
Reviewed March 23, 2018

First off....what makes this hotel so amazing is the STAFF!!! Wow, how I miss them ALL already. The great man that stands outside to keep us all safe- boy how I miss seeing his smile everyday. The welcoming embrace that I would receive each day from the staff at the front desk made be feel right at home! I remember how I could not wait to come back to my hotel everyday to sit and talk with the staff about my incredible journey. The all work so hard from their heart to keep the hotel super clean and keep all clients satisfied. Each morning this wonderful woman would wash the floors in the entry and the first floor would smell so wonderful for hours.

I could not have asked for a better room. So cute, clean and made me feel very comfortable. The laundry service was perfect. Clothes always smelled fresh....( which is for sure needed in the dusty city of Kathmandu !) I LOVED the breakfast room. The food was also delicious. Room service was also wonderful at night when you are just super drained from the long day. GREAT Air conditioning , amazing TV cable along with a very comfortable mattress to sleep on. The roof top is so peaceful. I
used to bring my coffee up there early morning and watch the sun rise. The flowers that are in pots in rooftop are also so pretty. Used to love seeing the colors of the blooms which you miss looking at while roaming Thamel. One day I went up to the rooftop to watch the storm roll in and see the lightning strike over the city. Simply Magnificent !!

Another note that is key.....The location is beyond PERFECT!! Truly placed in the right spot away from all of the CRAZINESS of Thamel but yet not far from anything within walking distance.
This hotel really made my trip magical! Thank you STAFF for everything. I miss you guys.....

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Kasthamandap B, Front Office Manager at Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your experience of your recent stay you had with Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel among tripadvisor readers. We are very delighted to know that we are able to meet your expectation. As we try to learn and improve us day by day we continuously put our effort in our work to make our guest stay easy and comfortable.And it's our true pleasure that you had noticed our effort on our small property in details.I am glad that the hotel and its services met your expectation and bring back you for the visit and you enjoyed it .It is always very glad to receive such positive comments.

Once again thank you so much for staying with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again in coming future.Thank you!

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights last week in a double room and then again for one night in a single room upon my return from traveling around Nepal. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The decor is warm and welcoming, and the rooms are beautifully decorated. Both rooms I stayed in were spacious and fully equipped with a fridge, safe, vanity area, sitting area, and clean and comfortable bathroom with good shower and plenty of hot water. Beds were very comfortable. It is located in a quiet corner of the busy Thamel district and was a cozy resting place after long days of sightseeing. It is not a large hotel, so the elevator and hallways may seem cramped, but for me this only added to the pleasant and home-like vibe. There is also a pleasant rooftop terrace. Breakfast was delicious as included Nepali and Western options. The best aspect of this hotel by far is the lovely staff, who are kind, attentive, and genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. I will absolutely stay again the next time I come to Kathmandu!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed January 16, 2018

We stayed here on our arrival into Nepal and then, for a very generous rate, hired a room for the afternoon on our return to Kathmandu to shower before boarding our plane. Having stayed at a supposedly better hotel last time we were in Nepal we were delighted to find this hotel was so much nicer. The rooms are large, the bathrooms are lovely, breakfast is great, as is the free and "proper' coffee and the service was excellent. I have read some other reviews and think perhaps those critical should try other hotels in Kathmandu as Kasthamandap was far and beyond others we have experienced. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new bathroom (but even the older ones are good!)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Kasthamandap B, Front Office Manager at Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was the only hotel in Nepal that we stayed in that had heating so that was really appreciated. Shower pressure was lovely and there was lots of hot water. Hairdryer in the bathroom. Wifi was quick and fairly consistent. There was a working lift so all floors are accessible, but in our room there was a big step up into the bathroom.

I didn't enjoy the breakfast (in fact we went out for breakfast on the last day) - my vegetarian omelette was just an egg and nothing else so room for improvement there.

Overall though a really good hotel with helpful and professional staff.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Kasthamandap B, Front Office Manager at Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Dear Joanne M,
Greeting from Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your experience of your stay you had with Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel among TripAdvisor readers. We are very delighted to know that we are able to meet your expectation. We heartily apologize for the inconvenience regarding the breakfast. As we try to learn and improve us day by day we continuously put our effort in our work to make our guest stay easy and comfortable.And it's our true pleasure that you had noticed our effort on our small property in details.I am glad that the hotel and its services met your expectation and bring back you for the visit and you enjoyed it .It is always very glad to receive such positive comments.

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Great mid range value where the room are good size every thing works the staff are great and I would stay here again. Awesome little roof terrace that allows you to escape the chaos. It’s well located and a good find

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Kasthamandap B, Manager at Kasthamandap Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017