“Authentic Nepal Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Double bed of comfortable studio apartment in Kathmandu.
Neighborhood seen from the front of comfortable studio apartment. Bathroom and kitchen entrance from living / bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Double bed of comfortable studio apartment in Kathmandu.
Neighborhood seen from the front of comfortable studio apartment.
Bathroom and kitchen entrance from living / bedroom.
Reception of the kitchen
kitchen with gas stove, fridge and necessary utensils.
bedroom, rack and low sitting area.
Sofa, laptop table and chair.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

United States
“Authentic Nepal Experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed in this studio for the last 8 days of my trip just this past April 2016. I loved the area where the apartment is located, very authentic, full of stores, shopping and close to attractions. The neighbors were friendly, everyone in the shops were great at answering questions, like helping to fill your cell phone, or finding food items. Rabi and his family were excellent. I felt very safe and cared about, they offered to show me around, and even made me breakfast! If you want the experience of living on your own, but having a safe gated community full of family members, and live slightly off the beaten path but within walking distance of Thamel, then I would stay here. I liked it so much I will stay here again in the future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the neighborhood
Liked least: The dust in this area is high due to construction. Obviously, not a permanent situation.
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 May 2016
Thanks Cahterine !
We too enjoyed hosting you at our place. Cahterine was easy going girl who loved everything about Nepal. She was quiet and kept the place clean. We would love to see her again.
Kim C
“Homely studio apartment stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

My stay in this apartment was a result of incredible hospitality and generosity by Rabi and Kopila- who run the homestay. After I had returned from the 'Mardi Himal' trek with Rabi and Rabi's travel company iTourNepal, this apartment had become vacant and Rabi insisted that I stayed here until I left Nepal. Before this, I had made their spare yoga room in the level upstairs my temporary home, which was next to the apartment where my friend was living, who I was visiting (and how I met Rabi & Kopila in the first place). The studio apartment I stayed in after the trek is very spacious , clean and has all the basic functioning facilities/amenities (a comfortable queen bed with warm blankets for the winter, open living area, large kitchen/dining area and an ensuite) and WIFI. The apartment is well located, in a relatively more quiet area compared to busy Thamel (which is only a 10 minute walk away), and any 'general things' you needed (e.g. fresh fruits & vegies, local supermarkets) is only metres/minutes away from the homestay.

I have to note that the apartment itself is only one part of the homestay experience. Anything additional I needed was only a run downstairs away (e.g. things for the apartment, or genral questions about Kathmandu & how things worked), where Rabi & his family lived. Rabi & Kopila insisted I came down for breakfasts (and at times, other meals!) to the point where I would go downstairs just to have a chat with them/spend time with them. Rabi & his family are such an easy family to get along with and there was never one moment where I did not feel welcome. Rabi & his family also encourage their tenants/guests to save water & gas where possible given the shortages. Whilst I only stayed in Nepal for about a week after the trek, I really felt like it was home.

In fact, I am now back in Kathmandu for a second time, staying with Rabi & Kopila once again, writing this review- and I can guarantee that the homely feeling I felt back in December 2015 has not changed!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing